HEQ5 guiding problems

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: yang, Sam, Ji.zwo, lancer jiang

Jovax

Re: HEQ5 guiding problems

Post by Jovax » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:13 am

Dear Chen

Thks for the support, yes. I have a backup os SD card
I just try the Beta app, and the PA is only possible if you can see the polar star, I'm in North but only possible to face south and I do polar aliment using another stars, close to the meridian
About the guiding I will try using with the ST-4 , I just using my asi120mm usb direct to asiair like I do with phd2 on PC, maybe is the problem,

PS:.bug - on last update 1,1, the preview became very slow, ex: on a 1 sec expose takes about 5 sec to get the preview and same times more, in the pass was very fast,
And the image histogram is very slow

Regards Jovax

lancer jiang

Post by lancer jiang » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:49 am

Hi Jovax:

The polar star is not necessary and you can verify this by some other ways to do the PA and contrast the accuracy of result.
We have tested PA on HEQ5_Pro,the guiding is much perfect than before.

Additional:
The "slowly preview“ was fixed in 1.2 test version

Jovax

Post by Jovax » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:02 am

Hi

I try PA with asiair, and receive a notification ( I was more 30% away from NCP), the mount was 2 star align and polar align to face South, and was face to the meridian and close to the celestial equator,
For me dint work!..

Regards Jovax

W7AY

Post by W7AY » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:18 pm

Dear jovax,

If you were really pointed close to the celestial equator, you are about 90 degrees away from both poles, irrespective of the hour angle (meridian or not)! The notification that you received from the app is correct.

ZWO's specs asks for no more than 30 degrees from a pole.

- chen