No ASI Camera Detected ASI 1600mm Cool

any question related to our SDK and driver

Moderators: yang, ray, chad

bigeastro

Post by bigeastro » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:59 pm

I was one of the early purchasers of the subject camera back in June of 2016 I believe. I received one of the first batches of cameras. Recently I took the camera off of my setup to add a new scope and reconnect the camera. I also added an external heater to prevent dew from forming on the window and to allow me to cool to a lower temperature in my humid climate. This was all that I changed. Nothing else.

I can no longer connect to the camera. The error is no ASI Camera Detected. I am pretty experienced in the use of the camera and troubleshooting electronic gear, so I tried to connect with a shorter cable connected directly to the computer without going through my high end USB hub. I tried the SS3 and the SS2 ports. I received the same error. I then tried to install all the drivers again. No luck. Same error. I changed the cable and used three different cables USB 3 and 2. No luck.

In device manager I saw that the camera was showing up as westbridge or something like that, I did not write it down. I manually installed the driver over the device and it appeared to load correctly. However, I still could not connect. I then loaded all the drivers again and the camera showed up correctly. I tried to connect again and received the same error.

I tried to connect with three different software applications. Nothing seems to allow me to connect to the camera. Everything was working fine before. The only difference was switching it to another setup and trying to add the window heating feature. I have tried with and without the window heating feature.

I then move to a different machine and tried all of the above. I still can't connect. I have a suspicion that the USB port on the camera has failed.

Is there anything else I can try? I am stuck.

Thanks for any reply.

chad

Re: No ASI Camera Detected ASI 1600mm Cool

Post by chad » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:31 am

HI,
Are you mean your 1600MM Cool has the ST4 port?
Please email to: support(at)zwoptical.com.
Tell him that the firmware of your camera is lost, then we will help you update the firmware.
Thanks
Chad
ZWO Driver Engineer
SuZhou China

bigeastro

Post by bigeastro » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Yes,

That is Correct. My camera has the ST4 port. I will email support.

bigeastro

Post by bigeastro » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:45 pm

I was looking at older posts and found one that had the firmware upgrade tool. However it does not supply the image files for the first portion of the firmware and the camera shows up as "westbridge"

chad

Post by chad » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:23 am

Sorry, the harware is broken. need to send back to repair.
Thanks
Chad
ZWO Driver Engineer
SuZhou China

bigeastro

Post by bigeastro » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:45 pm

I wanted to acknowledge the fact that within 48 hours of my posting an issue with my 2.5 year old ASI 1600 MM Cool, I was on the computer with one of their technicians troubleshooting the camera. The determination was that the camera has a hardware issue, and needs to go back to China. I appreciate the help.

Partially due to the good tech support, and suitability of the ZWO cameras for my imaging and finance needs, my current resolution is to buy another ZWO ASI 183 Pro camera to compliment my old but hopefully fixable ASI 1600MM Cool! The new camera goes on the 440 mm scope and should produce some nice images. The old camera will still be used for wider field of view in average to marginal seeing conditions.

Thanks again for the help. Too bad we could not flash the chip.

bigeastro

Post by bigeastro » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:46 pm

I will be sending back my ASI 1600 for a refreshing stay at the ZWO camera spa.

WarnerGrict

Post by WarnerGrict » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:56 am

We are using your DDS and would like to add a long range camare to the system to follow the drone. Would this be possible?

allensmith

Post by allensmith » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:03 pm

All the information have been discussed here are just awesome. But after updating my PC i haven't transfer the photos from my camera to PC. It is showing Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Error. How to solve it?

chad

Post by chad » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:17 am

allensmith wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:03 pm
All the information have been discussed here are just awesome. But after updating my PC i haven't transfer the photos from my camera to PC. It is showing Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Error. How to solve it?
It is not the problem of camera. So you should ask Microsoft for help.
Thanks
ZWO Driver Engineer
SuZhou China