welcome to join our Facebook user group
you can get a faster response from here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ASIAIR/
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China

propus

Re: ASIAIR Facebook user group

Post by propus » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:51 am

There are a fair number of people who don't "facebook". By relying on facebook to disseminate information and news you are leaving some of us in the dark.
Maybe you could start a forum topic of important Facebook discussions?

TekyTek

Post by TekyTek » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:22 pm

Sam, I agree with Propus, many of us don’t do Facebook.
As a Chinese company you should understand that.
ASIAIR
ASI533mc Pro
EAF
Nikon D5600
SW Esprit 80ED
HEQ5 pro mount.

W7AY

Post by W7AY » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:47 pm

I do not have a Facebook account, either.

However, anyone can peruse the ASIAIR Facebook web page from a desktop browser like Safari, and if you are using Safari on an iPad, you can ask Safari to use the desktop site instead of the mobile site. If not signed in, the mobile site only gives you the top level of every thread.

Chen

W7AY

Post by W7AY » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:28 am

Spoke too soon.

It looks like you can no longer access the ASI Facebook pages without a Facebook account.

Clear skies,
Chen

propus

Post by propus » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:20 am

It looks like facebook has locked out non-members.
I don't like fb
I not going to join fb
Why do you allow a third party to control your technical forums, esp when you already have one right here?

galactique

Post by galactique » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:54 am

I have been reading the forum on the Facebook platform for some weeks.

I have learned a great deal. I have an ASIAIR original, luckily I have not updated the software.

Without this forum I would never know about ASIAir new release and consequent issues with the software.

There is no way ever I am going to subscribe to Facebook; I want to continue to keep my data private to me and not commercially exploited by others.

FB must be able to see non-subscribers reading your forum on their platform and it appears they have cut us off.

So you need to get your own forum, get away from this third party data harvesting platform, and let me and other ZWO customers access the forum.
I help pay for the forum through my extensive purchase of ZWO products, and I want to you share the forum by removing access control from Facebook.

galactique

Post by galactique » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:16 am

I omitted the actual issue;

I cannot read the Facebook forum since this morning.

It has been continually open in my browser for weeks, but today it excludes me, and wants me sign in and subscribe to Facebook.

So now I am unable to the share progress with ASIair and unable to decide when to upgrade to new ASIair.

ZWO, this is not great customer service and leaves a bad taste.

I am part of the ZWO community, not the Facebook community.

I hope you will resolve this quickly.

W7AY

Post by W7AY » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi galactique,

I agree completely with you. I too will never sign up for a Facebook account.

The lockout problem might not be a policy of Facebook, since I can still access the StellarMate Facebook page, and also pages for William Optics and RainbowAstro. The lockup problem might have been instigated by one of Facebook ASIAIR moderators.

The only way out is for the rest of us to make this ASIAIR Forum more active. The only thing that I have not tried to do on this forum is to post images, diagrams and screen captures -- I think it is possibles. ZWO also needs to make sure spammers don't abuse this forum; something that they can do by not allowing a member to post until a few weeks after subscribing, or have a verification email process.

Clear skies,
Chen

Edit: the ZWO Camera Facebook page is also locked out too. Thats a shame, because it is a good place to find out about new ZWO cameras.

galactique

Post by galactique » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:06 pm

W7AY,

You are very probably right about the lockout being instigated by an over-enthusiastic moderator.

Maybe Dave Imm did it for example ?? If he did, and is reading this maybe he could think again .

If he did not and is reading this, or if any other ASIAIR Facebook forum contributor is reading this, maybe they could raise the issue and let us back in.

I have paid a lot of money for ZWO cameras, ASIAIR and accessories and I happen to think I have equal rights to access ASIAIR and ZWO discussion forums.

So how about it FB Forum moderators?

I am really not sure that compensating by making this forum busier will work; I want to understand and learn the issues and release dates of ASIAIR in particular, and so to achieve that we will need to get TJ, Rutger et al to move here en masse and that won't happen for sure.

Hmmm