Astrophotography has never been easier
Moderators: yang, Sam, Ji.zwo
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:43 pm
I know that ASIAIR utilizes PHD2 for autoguiding. It would be extremely helpful if it also utilized the PHD2 polar alignment feature. I still need to bring my laptop for polar alignment but it would be really nice if ASIAIR could take care of this too so I can go truly laptop free.
- Posts: 2761
- Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am
yes, such function is on our ToDo list
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:15 pm
I second this request.
A precise PA would obviate the need for guiding on fast scopes.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm
Any news on this? It shouldn't be difficult to implement since the source code is freely available on Github!
Do let us know of any updates! I look forward to the day I won't have to take my laptop with me solely so that I can run SharpCap polar alignment routine and literally switch on, PA, switch off and be done in 5 minutes...
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:29 am
+1 for polar alignment routine as done by Sharpcap/Polemaster
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:53 am
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:55 am
- Location: Sydney Australia
Please make that 3 requests and please don’t forget the Southern Hemisphere.