ZWO Founder
SuZhou China

yotomen

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by yotomen » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Japan
IPhone X and iPad mini4
Skywatcher AZ-EQ6GT / AZ-EQ5GT etc.
ASI385MC ASI224MC ASI290MM ASI071MC PRO etc.
EWF mini

At the beginning, SSID was displayed on neither iPhone nor iPad.
When support of ZWO was consulted with, it was proved that it is a problem of a channel setup.
Mr. Sam did remote connection to my PC, and he corrected the configuration file of ASIair.
Then SSID was displayed and connection with my iPhone and iPad was completed. :D
Since the weather is bad, the test of the equatorial telescope of operation has not been made yet.

tamachi

Post by tamachi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:47 am

yotomen wrote:Japan
At the beginning, SSID was displayed on neither iPhone nor iPad.
When support of ZWO was consulted with, it was proved that it is a problem of a channel setup.
Mr. Sam did remote connection to my PC, and he corrected the configuration file of ASIair.
Then SSID was displayed and connection with my iPhone and iPad was completed. :D
Since the weather is bad, the test of the equatorial telescope of operation has not been made yet.
Japan
HUAWEI memopad M3 lite LTE
Skywatcher AZ-EQ5GT
ASI1600MM-Cool
EWF mini

The same problem was occured, but Mr.Sam did well by the same way.
I confirmed to connect to cameara with EFW, and basic function. EQ mount control has not yet. ( will do it in clear sky in Japan)

Sam

Post by Sam » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:20 am

sorry for the Wifi issue in Japan
we will fix with our new produced ASIAIR
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China

matcky

Post by matcky » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:36 am

Hi Sam,

Hong Kong
Iphone 7 Plus and Ipad mini
Celestron AVX mount
ASI071mc and ASI290mc
EFW Mini

All cameras and mount collected successfully and also work with SkySafariPlus too. Due to the poor weather recently, the auto guiding doesn't been tested on field yet.

I've two questions
1. whether ASIair can perform auto focus if auto focusing hardware is available ?
2. Will the APP provide Polar Alignment function (like sharpcap) in the near future?

cheer,

Matthew

wtg

Post by wtg » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:44 pm

Canada
iPhone 8+; iPad Pro
iOptron SmartEQ Pro+; EQ6
ASI 294MC

Thanks to the ZWO team for taking an innovative Industry leadership role with the ASIAir.

I just rec'd my unit from Ontario Telescope (great guys!)

I will provide a detailed update when I've had a chance to setup and operate the above.

In the interim please accept these questions in the positive manner intended.

1. What is the HDMI port for? Can I safely connect it to an HDMI equipped monitor? Or, will this happen in future software upgrades? Please answer this. Thanks!

2. I, and many others, want to use this with non ASi cameras (i know....). In my case my QHY 5ii guide scope. There are many more ASI 120MC owners who want to use their ASI usb 2.0 cameras.

A, Will ASI add 120MC (e.g. usb 2.0) support in future SW upgrades. OR, is this technically possible?

B. Will ASI provide an ASIAir SDK that allows users to add non ASI cameras?

3. Will there be a specific Polar Guide routine added to future SW to allow ASI (or non ASI) guide cameras to be used?

4. Will ASI add sw support to use Stellarium? (Or other popular programs)

As you know this industry does not stand still. Support for some/all of the above will represent REAL leadership.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Terry

Sam

Post by Sam » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:47 am

matcky wrote:Hi Sam,

Hong Kong
Iphone 7 Plus and Ipad mini
Celestron AVX mount
ASI071mc and ASI290mc
EFW Mini

All cameras and mount collected successfully and also work with SkySafariPlus too. Due to the poor weather recently, the auto guiding doesn't been tested on field yet.

I've two questions
1. whether ASIair can perform auto focus if auto focusing hardware is available ?
2. Will the APP provide Polar Alignment function (like sharpcap) in the near future?

cheer,

Matthew
good news!
for question 1: we will add electronic focus control at first
for question 2: yes, this is on our todo list
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China

Sam

Post by Sam » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:33 am

wtg wrote:Canada
iPhone 8+; iPad Pro
iOptron SmartEQ Pro+; EQ6
ASI 294MC

1. What is the HDMI port for? Can I safely connect it to an HDMI equipped monitor? Or, will this happen in future software upgrades? Please answer this. Thanks!

2. I, and many others, want to use this with non ASi cameras (i know....). In my case my QHY 5ii guide scope. There are many more ASI 120MC owners who want to use their ASI usb 2.0 cameras.

A, Will ASI add 120MC (e.g. usb 2.0) support in future SW upgrades. OR, is this technically possible?

B. Will ASI provide an ASIAir SDK that allows users to add non ASI cameras?

3. Will there be a specific Polar Guide routine added to future SW to allow ASI (or non ASI) guide cameras to be used?

4. Will ASI add sw support to use Stellarium? (Or other popular programs)

As you know this industry does not stand still. Support for some/all of the above will represent REAL leadership.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Terry
thanks, Terry

1.HDMI is for debug only
2.supported cameras are limited to ASI usb3.0 cameras and mini cameras, this is the way we can provide the best experience for our customer.
nobody expects there is guiding issue or imaging issue when you drive 4 hours to one dark site, right?
old USB2.0 camera such like ASI120MM/MC has poor hardware performance and need high-performance host such like PC to work with. and there is no guarantee other manufacturer's camera works well under such a small box
3.yes, there is such plan, you need need to update APP at that time
4.do you mean Stellarium PC?
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China

TCampbell

Post by TCampbell » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:13 pm

USA (Michigan)
iPad Pro
Losmandy GM-8 w/Gemini II controller
ASI128MC-PRO, ASI174MM-Cool, ASI174MM-Mini
EFW Mini

1. First problem: product can't see through clouds. Can you fix that with a firmware update? ;)

2. I've tested with the ASI128MC-Pro and ASI174MM-mini (haven't tested the ASI174MM-Cool yet nor with the EFW Mini wheel) - so far all cameras working great (despite clouds ... it does talk to the camera, controls the cooler, grabs image frames, etc.

3. I was able to connect to the mount using Sky Safari via the ASIair ... must disable the "Auto-detect SkyFi" option in Sky Safari (I think it may be using something like Apple Bonjour to do discovery) but works when auto-detect is disabled.
3a. Losmandy Gemini II also has USB ports and Ethernet and can be connected and controlled using these. I only tested the serial port using USB to DB9 DTE serial adapter that came with the ASIair. I will try to test other options.

4. Ability to do polar alignment would be a great addition. I currently use a Polemaster, which means I still have to bring a laptop out with me.

5. I did see that I can change the WiFi SSID. Can I also change the WiFI password? (I did not notice an option for that).

Sam

Post by Sam » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:38 am

thanks for your feedback @TCampbell
we will try to develop one tool to disperse the cloud in the future, just don't wait too long for it ;)

4. Ability to do polar alignment would be a great addition. I currently use a Polemaster, which means I still have to bring a laptop out with me.
this is on the todo list

5. I did see that I can change the WiFi SSID. Can I also change the WiFI password? (I did not notice an option for that).
no currently, because there is no reset button, that is terrible if you cannot remember the password
we think most of the time, you don't need to change the password
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China