SDK and Raspberry Pi 3 B+

any question related to our SDK and driver

Moderators: yang, ray, chad

easybob95

Re: SDK and Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Post by easybob95 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Ok, thanks.

On my side, i have just installed Armbian unofficial Ubuntu desktop image (5.88 linux 4.9.180) and it seems it works fine.

I need to install python and all the libraries to make my capture software works but from what i see, Armbian for Odroid N2 seems ok.

Have a nice day.

Alain

easybob95

Post by easybob95 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:32 pm

From what i can see, Armbian does not bring much things if i compare to Ubuntu 18.04.2

ASI SDK works well with standard Ubuntu image (using Python) so for now, i think Armbian image is not a must have.

Alain

chad

Post by chad » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:24 am

easybob95 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:32 pm
From what i can see, Armbian does not bring much things if i compare to Ubuntu 18.04.2

ASI SDK works well with standard Ubuntu image (using Python) so for now, i think Armbian image is not a must have.

Alain
Yes, Alain is right. A standard Ubuntu kernel is definitely supported for our camera. But because it's open source, there are always system developers who like to tailor it to their liking, which is why our camera can't be used or problems on some systems.
Thanks
Chad
ZWO Driver Engineer
SuZhou China

easybob95

Post by easybob95 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:25 am

chad wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:24 am

Yes, Alain is right. A standard Ubuntu kernel is definitely supported for our camera. But because it's open source, there are always system developers who like to tailor it to their liking, which is why our camera can't be used or problems on some systems.
Thanks
Chad
Yes. "Best" is "better" enemy.

So i keep Ubuntu and still work on my system. Everything still ok with N2 except this strange USB 3 management (but it is not a problem for my purpose).

I am also very curious with Jetson Nano. I have just asked Nvidia if they can support my project, providing me a free Jetson Nano. They say there are interested with my demand and they will get in touch with me (or not).

I will tell you if i can get a Jetson Nano (but i won't buy one, it is useless for me because of the Odroid N2 ; it is only to compare the 2 boards).

Maybe PyCuda with jetson Nano (or jetson nano OpenCV 4) could allow me to make quicker and better real time treatments with the ASI178MC. Just have to wait now.

Have a nice day.

Alain

easybob95

Post by easybob95 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:05 pm

Hello Chad,

It's confirmed, Nvidia will send me a Jetson Nano to make tests with it, using my acquisition software.

Have you tested Jetson Nano with camera sdk. I suppose i will have to use armV8 version of the sdk.

Have a nice day.

Alain

easybob95

Post by easybob95 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Hello Chad,

i have a question i had already asked to Sam but he never replied (meaning he said No i guess).

You are aware about my project and it's a long term project.

For now, i mainly work on software, trying to get fastest real tie treatment of video acquisitions. It works quite well with Odroid N2 and i hope it will work with Jetson Nano.

Actually, i use ASI178MC with is not the best choice i think.

I would like to ask ZWO to give me a future camera (color camera) with quite small sensor size. I was thinking about IMX490 or something like that. ASI385MC could also be an interesting solution. But i think IMX490 or equivalent sensor woud be better.

I do not need large sensor and i need small resolution because small resolution means small treatment time.

So, if you give me a camera, it will help me (a kind of support of my project) and i can do mainly 2 things :
- make interesting tests for EAA observation (that kind of observation is getting more popular)
- quite interesting pictures of the colours of the Moon (i do the bet colours Moon you can find on the web).

To remind you my work :

Concerning my EAA system, you can go there (in French) :
http://www.astronomie-va.com/forum/view ... f=13&t=105

Concerning the colours of the Moon, just go to my FB page and scrool down to see my work with ASI178MC and ASI178MMC+EWF and ZWO RGB filters :
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010240808268

As Sam never replied to me, i guess your answer will be No as Sam answer but you could consider my demand because i can bring interesting things. Colour camera with small sensors are not really expensive and my work can worth the prize of a camera.

The only thing i really expect is a clear answer. If you say no, there is no problem for me and we will continue to exchange about SBC ans software.

Have a nice day.

Alain

chad

Post by chad » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:01 am

Hi Alain,
For small resolutions, we don't really have a cool version now.
On our website, you can find the min resolution is 294, it has about 12M pixels.
And I will ask my colleague for help and see if we can give you a special version of the camera. Of course, the camera only has basic functions, it is not a qualified product. Hope you can understand. If I have a new information ,I will email you.
Thanks
Chad
ZWO Driver Engineer
SuZhou China

easybob95

Post by easybob95 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:29 am

Hello Chad,

Many thanks for your reply.

ASI294 could be great but i can't use it because i can't plug my lens on it. So i am afraid those sensor are useless because the body of the camera can't get my Canon fd tonc mount adapter.

I am not in a hurry. I can wait and we could se together what camera could be interesting for my system.

If you want to discuss about confidential cakera or sensor, we can exchange with mail.

Alain

easybob95

Post by easybob95 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Hello Chad,

it's me again. I wrote the previous message with my phone so it's quite incomplete.

So, ASI294 or ASI183 body camera can't allow me to use my Canon FD 50mm F1.4 lens because i can't use my FD mount to C mount adapter. I have a backfocus problem.

Camera like ASI178MC or ASI385 have a body which allow me to use my Canon lens.

I also need quite small resolution to be able to use a SBC to make realtime treatment. For example, i use my ASI178MC with BIN2. In that case, the resolution is not too high.

It's a bit difficult to find the good camera (body) with the good sensor. I can wait for a good candidate. No problem.

Alain

easybob95

Post by easybob95 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:15 pm

Hello Chad,

if you are interested in, you can follow my (future) Nvidia Jetson Nano work here :

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topi ... tson-nano/

Alain