EOS Lens Adapter Loose - EFW Version

Focusers, Filters, Barlows etc..

Moderators: Sam, Sean.Wang

Sean.Wang

Re: EOS Lens Adapter Loose - EFW Version

Post by Sean.Wang » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:04 am

James_Sorenson wrote:Looks like you have the same one as I do. I have tried spacing with shims several times and varified that I have the correct total spacing for everything. Can't seem to get rid of the lens tilt in my images.
Did you try our new EOS adapter?
ZWO | Marketing Consultant
SuZhou China

motto:
Don't face one's fate, can't be a real man;
Don't know manners, can't be gentle;
Don't know meaning behind the words, can't understand man's heart.

James_Sorenson

Post by James_Sorenson » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:26 am

I haven't. I wasn't aware that there was a new adapter until I discovered this thread about a week ago. I've been fighting issues with the one I got since I purchased it.

ramanmadhira

Post by ramanmadhira » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:02 am

The ZWO EOS lens adapter is stuck to my lens. I cannot twist and remove. I need to mount this tomorrow on another lens. Can you please help?

Regards,
Ray
Attachments
20181014_190012.jpg

Sean.Wang

Post by Sean.Wang » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:57 pm

ramanmadhira wrote:The ZWO EOS lens adapter is stuck to my lens. I cannot twist and remove. I need to mount this tomorrow on another lens. Can you please help?

Regards,
Ray
Hi
If it is too tight, Wear rubber gloves.
there is a triggle, press it down, just like DSLR. And screw the lens at same time.
SuZhou China

motto:

James_Sorenson

Post by James_Sorenson » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:23 am

Ughhh....So I purchased the newest version of the adapter thinking the fixes were implemented in it. Spent several nights test imaging and getting the spacing right and checking my stars. They still have lens tilt aberration's. Took everything apart and measured the thickness of the adapter at different points, Looks like I still need to do shimming on it.... Also, looks like the bottom and top surfaces aren't parallel to eachother, one surface is tapered since it rocks in my caliper jaws.
eos_adapter_measurments.jpg

Sean.Wang

Post by Sean.Wang » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:11 pm

James_Sorenson wrote:Ughhh....So I purchased the newest version of the adapter thinking the fixes were implemented in it. Spent several nights test imaging and getting the spacing right and checking my stars. They still have lens tilt aberration's. Took everything apart and measured the thickness of the adapter at different points, Looks like I still need to do shimming on it.... Also, looks like the bottom and top surfaces aren't parallel to eachother, one surface is tapered since it rocks in my caliper jaws.
eos_adapter_measurments.jpg
Thanks for feedback. We are working on it, it's the fourth time we redesign this adapter in this year, we keep working on it until the issue solved.
SuZhou China

motto:

James_Sorenson

Post by James_Sorenson » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:24 pm

So I am trying something simple. Shimming never has worked, so a possible simple solution. I took the adapter apart by taking off the m42 ring. I wet sanded with fine grit sandpaper on a granite surface block the thin face that actually contacts the surface of the second half of the adapter. I put the adapter back together and measured with a dial test indicator the flatness each time that I did to make sure I'm not over doing it on the thin areas while applying minor pressure to the thickest areas while sanding until uniformly flat. Looks like that did the job. Have it down to 0.0005" at the highest point if I rotate it around. Now I need to wait for the next clear weather to test it to see if my stars are any better.
LRM_EXPORT_100509195310575_20181115_050658115.jpeg
LRM_EXPORT_100568007190918_20181115_050756927.jpeg

Sean.Wang

Post by Sean.Wang » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:55 am

James_Sorenson wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:24 pm
So I am trying something simple. Shimming never has worked, so a possible simple solution. I took the adapter apart by taking off the m42 ring. I wet sanded with fine grit sandpaper on a granite surface block the thin face that actually contacts the surface of the second half of the adapter. I put the adapter back together and measured with a dial test indicator the flatness each time that I did to make sure I'm not over doing it on the thin areas while applying minor pressure to the thickest areas while sanding until uniformly flat. Looks like that did the job. Have it down to 0.0005" at the highest point if I rotate it around. Now I need to wait for the next clear weather to test it to see if my stars are any better.LRM_EXPORT_100509195310575_20181115_050658115.jpeg
LRM_EXPORT_100568007190918_20181115_050756927.jpeg
Hi James, thanks for telling us. waiting for your test result.
SuZhou China

motto:

RichardD

Post by RichardD » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:20 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience, guys. I've found some answers for myself.

Sean.Wang

Post by Sean.Wang » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:44 am

We made some modification in design, loose or tight probelm will be reduced a lot.
SuZhou China

motto: