Feature Request: Android ASICAP

questions or suggestion about ASICAP software

Moderators: chad, walkfaraway

dbunna2

Feature Request: Android ASICAP

Post by dbunna2 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:07 am

On ASICAP for Android it would be nice if there were an option to record the sound from the Android's built in microphone in addition to the music or mute.

I see it being useful in recording WWV timing information and reactions while I use my ASI385MC to observe occultations, grazes, transits, etc.

Tia

chad

Re: Feature Request: Android ASICAP

Post by chad » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:47 am

Great idea!
However, we are short of resources, so we can only prioritize other more important functions. :(

Thanks
Chad
ZWO Driver Engineer
SuZhou China

rederikus

Post by rederikus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Other enhancements that I would like to see are:

1. Make screen autorotate an option is Settings. I find this incredibly annoying that ASICAP allows uncontrolled screen flipping from portrait mode which is how all my other software works. Right now I have installed the Android "Ultimate Rotation Control" + license app which forces my phone into portrait mode when running ASICAP but doing this within the app would be better. Just a Settings option that allows Autotrotate On/Off would work. A second setting forcing Landscape or Portrait would be a plus.

2. Allow ASICAP to access its functions without a camera being attached. Just include a Test or Dummy Camera to allow this. By doing this Settings and other functions can be set up without a camera attached. I can just pull my phone out of my pocket and set it up prior to observing.

3. Allow Settings export to an external file so that settings may be saved restored or even emailed. The advantages of this are obvious.

walkfaraway

Post by walkfaraway » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:25 am

Hi rederikus, Thanks for your suggestions. We will optimize the function of ASICAP in the future.
Mouling Song
ZWO Software Engineer
SuZhou China

rederikus

Post by rederikus » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:57 am

There is another item I would like you to consider as a future feature if I may, please.

In Setup, allow the user to select a Folder to save files. Right now,mine defaults to my SDCard/Android/data/com.zwoasi.smartcontroller/files/ This is less than easy to find. Please therefore put in a Setting to allow user file save location selection.

Thank you.

walkfaraway

Post by walkfaraway » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:06 am

Hi rederikus, your suggestion is very useful. We could add the feature in the future.Thanks.
Mouling Song
ZWO Software Engineer
SuZhou China

StarChild

Post by StarChild » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:03 pm

rederikus wrote:Other enhancements that I would like to see are:
2. Allow ASICAP to access its functions without a camera being attached. Just include a Test or Dummy Camera to allow this. By doing this Settings and other functions can be set up without a camera attached. I can just pull my phone out of my pocket and set it up prior to observing.
I fully second to this request. The app may use phone/tablet camera when in Demo/Dummy Mode.

Another feature request:
please include a Time Lapse Capture Mode , I guess is the same Photo Capture mode, where you just add time lapse specific settings (number of frames, interval between frames.... should not be a massive effort :mrgreen:

Advantage for this Time Lapse: We could "film" a Lunar eclipse, or Solar eclipse and not use so many GigaByte of SD card for a 3-4hours event.

Especially when one does captures using phone/tablet, it may not be very handy to record 3-4-5h event.

Thanks for support ! Keep up the good job with this tool !

Sam

Post by Sam » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:42 am

battery would be a problem for time lapse video
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China

walkfaraway

Re: Feature Request Android ASICAP

Post by walkfaraway » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:21 am

Herbertfap wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:32 am
Hi. I want to know: is it possible to use this file on Android devices? I prefer use only parametrs Encrypt=0 and Compress=1, and maybe some different later.

And if i can, where i can find directory of neorouter in Android device to drop feature.ini into that?

Thanks.

Hi, sorry to say that it doesn't support. Thank you.
Mouling Song
ZWO Software Engineer
SuZhou China