Goto Function Problem on Celestron CPC

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: yang, Sam, lancer jiang, Ji.zwo

Poli74

Goto Function Problem on Celestron CPC

Post by Poli74 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:08 am

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to the latest firmware in the ASIair and have the latest ASIair app update, the details are 1.4.3 - 5.05.

I am using the latest hand controller for my Celestron CPC and ugraded the hand control firmware last year in November. I am using a CPC mount, the telescope is dated around 2008.

I am not using the ASI Air Pro.

I have set up all the parameters in the App and I can control the mount manually through the App by slewing in all directions. When I search an object and press goto, the telescope does not slew to the object, it just keeps looping, it just keeps taking preview images through my attached DSLR camera and that is all.

I don't know why it is doing this. I have set up the Telescope using EQ Autoalign and I am using a RS232 cable to USB that connects to the ASIAir and to the hand control and mount. I have taken a snapshot of the screen when using the App. I can forward the screenshot image to you.

Ji.zwo

Re: Goto Function Problem on Celestron CPC

Post by Ji.zwo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:14 am

Poli74 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:08 am
Hello,

I have recently upgraded to the latest firmware in the ASIair and have the latest ASIair app update, the details are 1.4.3 - 5.05.

I am using the latest hand controller for my Celestron CPC and ugraded the hand control firmware last year in November. I am using a CPC mount, the telescope is dated around 2008.

I am not using the ASI Air Pro.

I have set up all the parameters in the App and I can control the mount manually through the App by slewing in all directions. When I search an object and press goto, the telescope does not slew to the object, it just keeps looping, it just keeps taking preview images through my attached DSLR camera and that is all.

I don't know why it is doing this. I have set up the Telescope using EQ Autoalign and I am using a RS232 cable to USB that connects to the ASIAir and to the hand control and mount. I have taken a snapshot of the screen when using the App. I can forward the screenshot image to you.
Could you please disable the GoTo-Auto-Center option then check if the GoTo works or not? Maybe the image can not be plate solved
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China

Poli74

Re: Goto Function Problem on Celestron CPC

Post by Poli74 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:20 pm

Ok I will try that when the clouds clear and I will let you know. Thank you.