Trouble connecting ASIair to HEQ5

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: yang, Sam, lancer jiang, Ji.zwo

User avatar
Ji.zwo
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 3:29 am

Re: Trouble connecting ASIair to HEQ5

Post by Ji.zwo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:41 am

SirToby wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:29 pm
Ji.zwo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:27 am
SirToby wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:15 am
Unfortunately no, I dont have the required cables to connect the synscan handcontroller to ASIair.
Have we tried the [EQMod Mount] option? If you can plz attach some screenshots of the Telescope Settings page.
The EQMod Mount option does not appear for me. Will try to attach screenshots:

Image

Image

Best regards, Tobias

Okay, please make sure the app and firmware are matched and are the latest.
ZWO | Tech Support
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China

SirToby
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:07 pm

Re: Trouble connecting ASIair to HEQ5

Post by SirToby » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:30 am

Yes they are, app version 1.4.1 and firmware version 4.66.

User avatar
Ji.zwo
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 3:29 am

Re: Trouble connecting ASIair to HEQ5

Post by Ji.zwo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:26 am

SirToby wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:30 am
Yes they are, app version 1.4.1 and firmware version 4.66.
Okay, confirmed, the v1.4.2 is coming. Just wait for another week.
ZWO | Tech Support
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China

SirToby
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:07 pm

Re: Trouble connecting ASIair to HEQ5

Post by SirToby » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Ji.zwo wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:26 am
SirToby wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:30 am
Yes they are, app version 1.4.1 and firmware version 4.66.
Okay, confirmed, the v1.4.2 is coming. Just wait for another week.
Okay so I have updated the app to v1.4.3 and the firmware to 5.05 and the same problems persist. With EQmod with SkySafari I cant connect to HEQ5 and the option EQmod Mount does not exist. Can I just reinstall the ASIair and start fresh?

User avatar
Ji.zwo
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 3:29 am

Re: Trouble connecting ASIair to HEQ5

Post by Ji.zwo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:48 am

SirToby wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:25 pm
Ji.zwo wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:26 am
SirToby wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:30 am
Yes they are, app version 1.4.1 and firmware version 4.66.
Okay, confirmed, the v1.4.2 is coming. Just wait for another week.
Okay so I have updated the app to v1.4.3 and the firmware to 5.05 and the same problems persist. With EQmod with SkySafari I cant connect to HEQ5 and the option EQmod Mount does not exist. Can I just reinstall the ASIair and start fresh?
Please follow this: https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/ma ... AIR_OS.pdf
ZWO | Tech Support
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China

Post Reply