ASIAir Pro native support of Astromechanics ASCOM Canon lens controller, please

Moderator: Sam

a.cidadao

ASIAir Pro native support of Astromechanics ASCOM Canon lens controller, please

Post by a.cidadao » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:38 am

I previously posted this request in a different place, sorry... I belongs here.

I have an ASIAIR Pro on order (from Germany), and I would like to request that the Astromechanics ASCOM Canon Lens Controller Mark II (also ordered and arriving soon) is added to the list of devices which have native support by ZWO/ASI (specifically through ASIAir Pro).

Directly allowing both focus and diaphragm control of Canon lenses attached to ASI cameras, that is without intermediate parts (e.g. belts or adaptors) its capabilities are non-overlapping with the current ASI focuser (which is excellent for telescopes), and would maximize the "universe" of potential ASIair users and ASIair field of use.

Link (for description and communication protocols): https://astromechanics.org/ascom.html

Thanks in advance

António

Support1@ZWO

Re: ASIAir Pro native support of Astromechanics ASCOM Canon lens controller, please

Post by Support1@ZWO » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:24 am

Thanks for your feedback, sorry we do not support this in near future but I will convey your message to our devs.

a.cidadao

Re: ASIAir Pro native support of Astromechanics ASCOM Canon lens controller, please

Post by a.cidadao » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:32 pm

Thank you.

António

stevenkleinberg

Post by stevenkleinberg » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:17 pm

I'd vote for that too, just keep it in mind.
Could be a gamechanger since one needs (canon) lenses to do widefield photography. Even imagine auto-refocus for sequencing.

By the way, I haven't found the Info when you will support your EAF via Asiair?

Support1@ZWO

Post by Support1@ZWO » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:43 am

Thanks for your feedback and I have passed your message to our devs.

Now ASIAIR has supported EAF.:)

astronomos

Post by astronomos » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:04 pm

I vote for this too

Pogo

Post by Pogo » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:04 pm

Same here!

Support@ZWO

Post by Support@ZWO » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:26 pm

We currently do not have plan to support this but if the demand is the big enough, we will consider this. :)
Suzhou China

stevenkleinberg

Post by stevenkleinberg » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:05 am

Well, right now, I must use a Mini PC because Asiair does not support this lens controller :|

And manual focussing of a lens in the cold is not as nice as focussing in a warm car or living room :D

Or do your own Adapter :geek:

Support@ZWO

Post by Support@ZWO » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:26 am

stevenkleinberg wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:05 am
Well, right now, I must use a Mini PC because Asiair does not support this lens controller :|

And manual focussing of a lens in the cold is not as nice as focussing in a warm car or living room :D

Or do your own Adapter :geek:
Thanks for your suggestion.
:) Will take into consideration.
Suzhou China