1st Image ASI294MC Pro Cooled

Post your Deepsky images taken with ZWO Products here.
Beachbum

1st Image ASI294MC Pro Cooled

Post by Beachbum » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:39 pm

I took this the other night. Don't know much about these cameras, but i was thinking since this was a color one shot, that I should be capturing some of the nebula's colors, but the images are coming out in Mono.

Is the normal? And it so, How can I duplicate the proper colors that my camera is seeing?

Attached is that photo of M42, and also the live view screen shot...Color is nothing like the live view one. Live view is the multi colored image, and not so focused in live view.

Would appreciate some insight...

Rodney
Attachments
M42_live.jpg
M42_Finished Image_Improved copy.jpg

wvreeven

Re: 1st Image ASI294MC Pro Cooled

Post by wvreeven » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:41 am

All color cameras have a sensor of which the individual pixels are only sensitive to one color: Red, Green or Blue. The way those color pixels are ordered in the sensor is called the Bayer pattern. In order to translate the info in those pixels into actual colors, the image needs to be debayered or demosaiced. See

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer_filter

HTH, Wouter

Beachbum

Post by Beachbum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:53 pm

So this is something which has to be done in the post processing or after stacking then is what you're saying? Not on the camera itself before capturing the images?

Okay, I will play with this thing. I have all the RAW light images and the darks. I'll just have to figure out which tools to use in PS

Thanks!

Rodney

wvreeven

Post by wvreeven » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:36 pm

In general this needs to be done before stacking. I am afraid that PS may not be the best tool for this. Perhaps you can give DeepSkystacker a try and see if that works for you.

Wouter