ASIAIR 1.3 Issues

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: yang, Sam, lancer jiang, Ji.zwo

Alex

Re: ASIAIR 1.3 Issues

Post by Alex » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:10 pm

same issue tonight... I really don´t know, where the issue come from. The mount is connected with EQMod + SkySafari to the EQ6RPro Handcontroller and I did Sync to Mount. Plate solving works perfect and the guiding was very good. After maybe 25 minutes I got the "abort tracking... beyond horizon" message again. SkySafari show me the right target centered. All things are working so good but I keep going this message and I have no clou, what the problem is. Both power supplies (mount and asiair) are working good too. I am hoping it could be fixed with an update.

Ji.zwo

Post by Ji.zwo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:20 am

Alex wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:10 pm
same issue tonight... I really don´t know, where the issue come from. The mount is connected with EQMod + SkySafari to the EQ6RPro Handcontroller and I did Sync to Mount. Plate solving works perfect and the guiding was very good. After maybe 25 minutes I got the "abort tracking... beyond horizon" message again. SkySafari show me the right target centered. All things are working so good but I keep going this message and I have no clou, what the problem is. Both power supplies (mount and asiair) are working good too. I am hoping it could be fixed with an update.
Hello Alex, we will test the EQMod with SkySafari on our HEQ5 Pro mount these days, hoping to figure it out and fix this prob. Thanks for your info.
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China

Radders76

Post by Radders76 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:02 am

Hi,

I'm still getting this problem too. Have done since I brought the Air. I'm also using a Heq5 Pro. Started imaging the other night. Done a Polar Alignment, goto to object, plate solved and focused then started guiding. Left it for 30 minutes and the abort Tracking, telescope points beyond the horizon message was showing, my guiding was going crazy and all my sub exposures were ruined.

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:21 am

@Radders76 welcome to my world right now :roll:
@Ji.zwo for your info: I have the EQ6R-Pro Mount but I think its the same issue like on the Heq5 Pro.

Radders76

Post by Radders76 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:29 am

I was wondering if my power supply was faulty but it seemed to track ok when I was using Eqmod and Stellarium. How can you tell if it is the power supply?