ASIAIR User Feedback

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: yang, Sam, Ji.zwo

User avatar
Ji.zwo
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 3:29 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by Ji.zwo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:18 am

bodiebell1957 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:13 am
Country: USA/Alaska
Mobile: iPad Mini
Mount: iOptron iEQ 30 Pro
Cameras: ASI 071 MC Pro/ ASI 174 Mini
EFW : none
Connecting to mount via USB to RS32 cable but ASIAIR doesn’t recognize the mount- it does not appear on the drop down menu.
Second question is whether guide camera must be connected directly to ASI Air or whether it can connect to main camera and then to ASI Air?
Thanks!
Hello, Please confirm your HC info:
- If your Firmware (HC, main, RA/DEC) is: V170322,V161101,V161101, please choose "iOptron iEQ45 Pro", it's a little confused, we will fix it in the future.
- If your Firmware (HC, main, RA/DEC) is: V180103,V171128,V171128, please choose "iOptron v3".
ZWO | Tech Support
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China

User avatar
Ji.zwo
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 3:29 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by Ji.zwo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:48 am

dekkerjj wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:45 am
In the manual: An exception if you control the Synta's Equatorial Mount via SyncScan ............. Recommend WQMOD to control the EQ8 (Synta) instead of the SyncScan hand controller. However, SkySafari does not currently support EQMOD ?????
I call that a real shortcoming because the strength of ASIAIR gives this support!
Unfortunately can not do a test because of the bad weather in the Netherlands but also I see no operation possibility of the EQ8 appear in ASIAIR?
I have a fixed setup with an alignment (Polemaster).
Does a 1 star alignment then apply?
Hello, with EQ8, three ways to connect to ASIAIR:
- SynScan: Mount->SynScan HC(Firmware V3/4.39+)->RS232/USB->ASIAIR —— Choose SkyWater Synscan driver
- PC-Mode: Mount->SynScan HC(Firmware V3/4.39+, #Choose PC Mode in HC#)->RS232/USB->ASIAIR —— Choose EQMOD driver, strongly against unattended operation
- EQMOD: Mount->EQMOD Cable->ASIAIR —— Choose EQMOD driver
ZWO | Tech Support
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China

Jovax
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by Jovax » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:24 am

your country Portugal, Azores
your mobile Lenovo 10
your mount Celestron CPC800 EDGE HD
your camera ASI071MC pro
your guide camera ASI120mini
your EFW no
your test result and suggestion

I'm having problem guiding my celestron CPC 8" Edge HD using Asiair, never guide correct.. I try everything!...., if I use PHD2 with my PC works fine!.., any solution for this??....

DaveFrance
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by DaveFrance » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:56 pm

Love Asiair more each time I use it, great to control everything from the warmth of my lounge when it is below freezing outside. Two little problems that I have experienced which is stopping me giving it top marks. Both seem to happen when you move to a different option and then return.
1) The green focus square. This freezes in the last position you put it in. Cannot drag away from the last position.
2) For the first time last night the direction buttons disappeared from the preview screen. Had to restart the app to get them back. Happened twice.

Equipment HEQ5, ASI178MC.

dekkerjj
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:40 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by dekkerjj » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:37 am

Dear zwo,
The ASIAIR works perfectly with my Skywatcher EQ8.
Only what is missing are the buttons in the ASIAIR screen to control the mount.
That is possible in Sky Safari but to put the object in the middle with my ASI295MS pro for Plate solving miss the operation of the buttons in the ASIAIR screen.
What is the reason that I can not see it in combination with my EQ8 ???

Robbie75VR
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by Robbie75VR » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:48 am

My asiair is still turning off the fan of my main camera when I enter the setttings of guide camera (asi1600mc cool).

It would be nice to have the "choose object" feature always working, even without telescope connected, it's a nice tool for planning.

Live stacking would also be nice to have.

Foreur
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:28 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by Foreur » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:05 pm

France
iPad and iPhone 5 SE, both 128Gb and IOS 12.1.4
Celestron AVX with StarSense and RS232 port on HC
ASI071MC Pro and ASI183MM Pro
EFW Mini (and OAG)

- First used ASIair with ASI071 standalone on an old JMI NGT 18" with tracking only, worked like a charm, plate solving impressed me, fast and correct! (this was in La Reunion, southern sky!)
- Then tested on the AVX with ASI071, including SkySafari 6+ V6.3.0.0, all worked fine, except the "sync failed" after plate solve (haven't figured that out yet!)
Driving the mount from ASIair App or SkySafari worked perfectly
- Then tested the ASI183 with EFW on the AVX in day time, all fine, could even drive the EFW though the USB port on the Camera, from the ASIair App
Note: haven't yet tried to update the version of the firmware, running 1.52 currently
Question: for the AVX, mount selection, should I use "Celestron SLT/CPC/CGE..." or "SkyWatcher SynScan" ?
Celestron Nexstar is for AltAz, and I don't know if there is an EQMOD for the AVX.
Last, having an electric focuser would be super, as well as doing live stacking on ASIair !!!
And being able to connect from a PC to ASIair (in Wi-Fi) would be useful too (ASIair would be kind of a "concentrator" and local intelligence).
But not just to retrieve images, also to use Astro software like SharpCap, AstroArt, MaximDL etc...
Keep doing good products, looking forward to hear from Sam or the other ZWO staff members, thanks, JC

User avatar
Sam
Posts: 2761
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by Sam » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:39 am

DaveFrance wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:56 pm
Love Asiair more each time I use it, great to control everything from the warmth of my lounge when it is below freezing outside. Two little problems that I have experienced which is stopping me giving it top marks. Both seem to happen when you move to a different option and then return.
1) The green focus square. This freezes in the last position you put it in. Cannot drag away from the last position.
2) For the first time last night the direction buttons disappeared from the preview screen. Had to restart the app to get them back. Happened twice.

Equipment HEQ5, ASI178MC.
thanks for the feedback, please try the latest version
lots of bug has been fixed
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China

User avatar
Sam
Posts: 2761
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by Sam » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:05 am

Jovax wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:24 am
your country Portugal, Azores
your mobile Lenovo 10
your mount Celestron CPC800 EDGE HD
your camera ASI071MC pro
your guide camera ASI120mini
your EFW no
your test result and suggestion

I'm having problem guiding my celestron CPC 8" Edge HD using Asiair, never guide correct.. I try everything!...., if I use PHD2 with my PC works fine!.., any solution for this??....
can you check the settings?
all the same?
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China

User avatar
Sam
Posts: 2761
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by Sam » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:07 am

Robbie75VR wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:48 am
My asiair is still turning off the fan of my main camera when I enter the setttings of guide camera (asi1600mc cool).

It would be nice to have the "choose object" feature always working, even without telescope connected, it's a nice tool for planning.

Live stacking would also be nice to have.
yes, we will consider that
can you tell us which app version have such issue
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China

Post Reply