EOS Lens Adapter Loose - EFW Version

Focusers, Filters, Barlows etc..

Moderators: Sam, Sean.Wang

James_Sorenson

Re: EOS Lens Adapter Loose - EFW Version

Post by James_Sorenson » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:00 am

Sorry for the long delay. Weather has been bad. But since my last post, I have been out quite a few nights and my solution did the trick. My lens is a Rokinon 135 f/2 and that is coupled to the adapter to an EFW and my asi178mm-cool. I could put together a before and after corner aberration comparison. There is still a slight hint of elongated stars in two corners, but I think that can be delt with a little more sanding of the adapter because I didn't get it down to perfect.

-James

DaveFrance

Post by DaveFrance » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:22 pm

How do we know we are buying the latest one from a stockist. Is there some form of identification, serial number? It could be months before they restock.

Sean.Wang

Post by Sean.Wang » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:19 pm

James_Sorenson wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:00 am
Sorry for the long delay. Weather has been bad. But since my last post, I have been out quite a few nights and my solution did the trick. My lens is a Rokinon 135 f/2 and that is coupled to the adapter to an EFW and my asi178mm-cool. I could put together a before and after corner aberration comparison. There is still a slight hint of elongated stars in two corners, but I think that can be delt with a little more sanding of the adapter because I didn't get it down to perfect.

-James
Thank you for update.
ZWO | Marketing Consultant
SuZhou China

motto:
Don't face one's fate, can't be a real man;
Don't know manners, can't be gentle;
Don't know meaning behind the words, can't understand man's heart.

Sean.Wang

Post by Sean.Wang » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:23 pm

DaveFrance wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:22 pm
How do we know we are buying the latest one from a stockist. Is there some form of identification, serial number? It could be months before they restock.
It's a good suggestion, we didn't have serial numbers before, I will ask our engineer if we could know the version form outlook.
ZWO | Marketing Consultant
SuZhou China

motto:
Don't face one's fate, can't be a real man;
Don't know manners, can't be gentle;
Don't know meaning behind the words, can't understand man's heart.