EAF

Focusers, Filters, Barlows etc..

Moderators: Sam, Sean.Wang

Real14

EAF

Post by Real14 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:02 pm

Hi,

When will you have the support parts for Takahashi telescopes ?

I am interested in buying 5 pieces EAF but without the holders for Takahashi there is no chance.

I have the following telescopes

TOA 130
Sky 90
FS-78
FSQ 85-ED
AstroTech RC 8"

regards Rainer

jbarabas

EAF temperature sensor reading is way off

Post by jbarabas » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:08 pm

Dear ZWO,

Today I received and installed the EAF focuser with temperature sensor. The focuser itself works great, I have set it up in SGPro.

When I go to the settings of the ASCOM driver, I get the correct temperature reading for about a second, then it displays a much lower and unrealistice value. For example, now I get the correct 23C displayed for a second when I click on the Settings of the Ascom driver, but after it displays 7,9C. When I connect the focuser in keeps displaying 7,9C in SGPro.
I suspect it could be an issue with the ASCOM driver, could you please check on this,

Best regards,
Janos

JGJ

Re: Feather Touch focuser - FTF2015B-RP

Post by JGJ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Hi, I have the above focuser. You indicate that the EAF is compatible with Feather Touch but the supplied bracket will not fit. Are you going to have a suitable bracket available for this Feather Touch focuser. Thanks - John

jbarabas

Re: EAF temperature sensor reading is way off

Post by jbarabas » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Just coming back to correct myself: somehow this issue was solved by itself, I couldn't reproduce it again and the temperature reading looks fine on a different computer as well. So no issue anymore !!
jbarabas wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:08 pm
Dear ZWO,

Today I received and installed the EAF focuser with temperature sensor. The focuser itself works great, I have set it up in SGPro.

When I go to the settings of the ASCOM driver, I get the correct temperature reading for about a second, then it displays a much lower and unrealistice value. For example, now I get the correct 23C displayed for a second when I click on the Settings of the Ascom driver, but after it displays 7,9C. When I connect the focuser in keeps displaying 7,9C in SGPro.
I suspect it could be an issue with the ASCOM driver, could you please check on this,

Best regards,
Janos

Sean.Wang

Re: EAF

Post by Sean.Wang » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:41 am

Takahashi and GSO adapter will be ready in one month.
ZWO | Marketing Consultant
SuZhou China

motto:
Don't face one's fate, can't be a real man;
Don't know manners, can't be gentle;
Don't know meaning behind the words, can't understand man's heart.

jbarabas

Post by jbarabas » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:33 am

Hi,

Is there a way to recalibrate the end points of the focuser, because I could only do it once in the Ascom driver.

Clear skies,
Janos

b.bill.p

Post by b.bill.p » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:12 pm

What are my focus software choices to use with the EAF ? I’m anxious to order and get it working while the nights are clear.
Thanks ..... BP

Katherine.Tsai

Post by Katherine.Tsai » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:24 am

b.bill.p wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:12 pm
What are my focus software choices to use with the EAF ? I’m anxious to order and get it working while the nights are clear.
Thanks ..... BP
EAF is compatible with the software that supports ASCOM and INDI.