Serious Flat Frame issues - ASI1600MM-C - What am I doing wr

Focusers, Filters, Barlows etc..

Moderators: Sam, Sean.Wang

Re: Serious Flat Frame issues - ASI1600MM-C - What am I doin

Postby pointofview_365 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:47 pm

Thank you Sam, I'll take 7 of those myself(36mm). I appreciate you taking the time to hear our complaints and making a reasonable solution. They look better than the ones I made.
pointofview_365
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Re: Serious Flat Frame issues - ASI1600MM-C - What am I doin

Postby Sam » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:03 am

cfosterstars wrote:when will you be able to send me a set of 7 of these masks? Right now, I basically dont have any ability to take good data. Also there is at least one user out there with 31mm filters that also has reported having this problem.


please email us and we can send it to you through air mail
we are going to provide this to our dealer too
so your guys can get it from our dealer
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China
User avatar
Sam
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am

Re: Serious Flat Frame issues - ASI1600MM-C - What am I doin

Postby Kaos » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:14 am

Sam...I drafted an email dealing with the 1.25" filter reflection issue and sent it to Highpointscientific. They should forward the email to you. I had a description of the reflection issue with the 1.25" filters and copies of the comparison flats with the ZWO filters versus my Meade LRGB filters. I would really like to get to the bottom of this issue and find out what is causing the reflective issue with the ZWO filters. Rings appear in the 1.25" filters and no rings in the Meade filters. Please address that issue in the Highpoint email their tech support sent you. They said they agree that there is am issue with my ZWO filters based upon my tests. Thanks

Kaos
Kaos
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Re: Serious Flat Frame issues - ASI1600MM-C - What am I doin

Postby cfosterstars » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:06 am

Sam,

I sent you an e-mail to directly send me the masks. I purchased direct from ZWO.

thank for your support.

Chris Foster
cfosterstars
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:30 pm

Re: Serious Flat Frame issues - ASI1600MM-C - What am I doin

Postby Sam » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:09 am

Kaos wrote:Sam...I drafted an email dealing with the 1.25" filter reflection issue and sent it to Highpointscientific. They should forward the email to you. I had a description of the reflection issue with the 1.25" filters and copies of the comparison flats with the ZWO filters versus my Meade LRGB filters. I would really like to get to the bottom of this issue and find out what is causing the reflective issue with the ZWO filters. Rings appear in the 1.25" filters and no rings in the Meade filters. Please address that issue in the Highpoint email their tech support sent you. They said they agree that there is am issue with my ZWO filters based upon my tests. Thanks

Kaos


we tested our 1.25" filter but did not find such issue
can you change your optic and test again?
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China
User avatar
Sam
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am

Re: Serious Flat Frame issues - ASI1600MM-C - What am I doin

Postby Sam » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:10 am

cfosterstars wrote:Sam,

I sent you an e-mail to directly send me the masks. I purchased direct from ZWO.

thank for your support.

Chris Foster


no problem
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China
User avatar
Sam
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am

Re: Serious Flat Frame issues - ASI1600MM-C - What am I doin

Postby Kaos » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:19 am

Sam wrote:
Kaos wrote:Sam...I drafted an email dealing with the 1.25" filter reflection issue and sent it to Highpointscientific. They should forward the email to you. I had a description of the reflection issue with the 1.25" filters and copies of the comparison flats with the ZWO filters versus my Meade LRGB filters. I would really like to get to the bottom of this issue and find out what is causing the reflective issue with the ZWO filters. Rings appear in the 1.25" filters and no rings in the Meade filters. Please address that issue in the Highpoint email their tech support sent you. They said they agree that there is am issue with my ZWO filters based upon my tests. Thanks

Kaos


we tested our 1.25" filter but did not find such issue
can you change your optic and test again?


Okay, I tested the ZWO filter on my LXD75 SN8 telescope. I sent you an email with the comparison flats.

Thanks for responding.

Kaos
Kaos
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Re: Serious Flat Frame issues - ASI1600MM-C - What am I doin

Postby davebl » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:41 am

I have the same problem with the 31mm filters. Are you making masks for them as well? If so, how do I get some.
Dave
davebl
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Re: Serious Flat Frame issues - ASI1600MM-C - What am I doin

Postby pointofview_365 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Sam, just so you know the new mask sent have issues. They're to big and the sides of the mask overlap the mask mounted next to each other. We've already tested this type of mask were the sides overlap, which still allow light to leak underneath. The good thing with your mask is them being made from a pastic type material. This adds rigidity, if we cut the overlap out they may accomplish the goal and lay flat against the wheel. The 3 tabs for the screw mount is perfect but reducing the outside diameter to fit within the filter area, in my case 36mm, would prove most beneficial easest
Attachments
20171220_182307_resized.jpg
20171220_182627_resized.jpg
20171220_182338_resized.jpg
pointofview_365
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Re: Serious Flat Frame issues - ASI1600MM-C - What am I doin

Postby szg » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:17 am

Please see my experiment.

I use 31mm set purchased direct from your online store on October 2017.
Could you please make filter mask to help 31mm users too?
Attachments
ZWO flat problem.jpg
szg
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:12 am

PreviousNext

Return to Accessories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests