ZWO EOS T2 Adapter

Focusers, Filters, Barlows etc..

Moderators: Sam, Sean.Wang

JayS_CT

ZWO EOS T2 Adapter

Post by JayS_CT » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:38 pm

Sean,

I'm somewhat frustrated by the current design on the EOS - T2 lens adapter. The release pin feels like can break at any moment when trying to release the lens. In addition, the 4 screws holding and adjusting tilt are not uniform from lens to lens. Some lens go in totally smoothing, while others are virtually impossible to get on the adapter. There seems to be no consistency. I'm past the return date at High Point, but this really has been very frustrating as I mentioned. There seems to be no "guide" as to how much is too tight or too loose, or how to calibrate so we know there is no tilt being introduced. Really could use some help all around.. :-(

Thanks in advance..
Jay S.

Katherine.Tsai

Re: ZWO EOS T2 Adapter

Post by Katherine.Tsai » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi Jay,
Do you mean that you are using one EOS-T2 adapter with different lens ans some of them are not smoothly compatible?

JayS_CT

Post by JayS_CT » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:31 am

Sorry for the long delay.. Yes.. The adapter does not "adapt" (no pun intended) to all lenses the same. Some are impossibly tight, some go right on. We're not talking about inexpensive lenses and it happens with lenses of the same brand, be that Canon or Sigma. For example, Sigma 35 ART 1.4 goes right on, and the 50 ART 1.4 is almost locked on tight. Add to that the very flimsy release mechanism. Not what I expected. :-(

Jay S.

Katherine.Tsai

Post by Katherine.Tsai » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:52 am

Sorry about this, Jay S.
It seems like the size of the lens are different.

JayS_CT

Post by JayS_CT » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:08 pm

Katherine,

On the side that they connect to the adapter, they're not different in size. Think about your reply. You're saying that somehow the adapter is tied to "specific" sizes of a standardized Canon mount?? ALL Canon mount lenses are exactly the same or they wouldn't mount to a DSLR. It is the adapter that is apparently not uniform (or standard) when handling different lenses. As I said, I've found that by tightening or loosening the 4 small screws, it will accept (or reject) the mounting of different lenses. It should be that way. In addition, the release button (again as I mentioned) feels like it could break off if too much pressure is applied. It seems I've got a very poorly made one, or the design is faulty.

Jay S.

Katherine.Tsai

Post by Katherine.Tsai » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:35 am

Sorry that I did not understand before.
Can you send me the pictures of your adapter?
I would like to see which version of EOS adapter you have.
Please show us the two side of the adapter.

JayS_CT

Post by JayS_CT » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Katherine,

Purchased at Highpoint Scientific. It is the one with the added 5mm spacer.
IMG_0502.jpg
IMG_0500.jpg
IMG_0501.jpg

Katherine.Tsai

Post by Katherine.Tsai » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:11 am

Thank you for the pictures, we are making new adapters and we will improve this, would you like to be our tester if the new adpaters come out?

JayS_CT

Post by JayS_CT » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:46 pm

Katherine,

Yes. I use lenses as much as I do telescopes for imaging. Do you have an anticipated time for an updated version? If I can make a suggestion? PLEASE fix the release mechanism to mimic the way camera manufacturers use to release a lens from a DSLR. Obviously it cannot be an exact duplicate of that function, but has has to be more sturdy than the current implementation.

If you would like, since I am a commercial photographer, I would be more than glad to work with whomever is working on the new design. It is cheaper to correct things before implementation than after.

Again, is there some time frame we're talking about. My contact information is as follows:

Jay Sottolano
Email: jaysott@gmail.com
Mobile: 860 916 3121
Home: 860 651 0096

I also participate in SkyWatcher USA's Ambassador program for the northeast area and do a lot of outreach events.

Katherine.Tsai

Post by Katherine.Tsai » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:54 am

Hi JayS,
Thank you very much for the suggestion, I will convey your message to the developers.
If you will, we can contact via emails.:)