ASIAIR User Feedback

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: yang, Sam, lancer jiang, Ji.zwo

stubblejumper

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by stubblejumper » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:21 pm

Any plans to support Sony e-mount cameras like the A7 series? Being able to control the camera via ASIair is a terrific function.

Ji.zwo

Post by Ji.zwo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:04 am

stubblejumper wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:21 pm
Any plans to support Sony e-mount cameras like the A7 series? Being able to control the camera via ASIair is a terrific function.
Already on the to-do list, but net planned the date yet.
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China

stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:37 am

Good to know. One competitor already supports Sony so it can't be that hard.

newty

Post by newty » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:56 pm

very lot of amazing "simply use "
and where can i find
explanation of new features as

GOTO auto-center .... etc

great thanks

Ji.zwo

Post by Ji.zwo » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:47 am

newty wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:56 pm
very lot of amazing "simply use "
and where can i find
explanation of new features as

GOTO auto-center .... etc

great thanks
Sorry, there is no document update yet.
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China

msgretired

Post by msgretired » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:40 pm

your country: USA
your mobile device: iPad
your mount: Celestron AVX with StarSense HC
your camera: Canon EOS M50
your EFW
your test result and suggestion: Doesnt connect to the AVX mount with StarSense HC. No support for Canon M50. Pretty much put it on the shelf in hopes of future updates for support.

Ji.zwo

Post by Ji.zwo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:28 am

msgretired wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:40 pm
your EFW
your test result and suggestion: Doesnt connect to the AVX mount with StarSense HC. No support for Canon M50. Pretty much put it on the shelf in hopes of future updates for support.
Hello there, when you are using the ASIAIR you don't need to use the StarSense( I guess you are using the PA function, right?), ASIAIR has the PA function, so you can use your NexStar HC with ASIAIR.
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China

msgretired

Post by msgretired » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:07 am

Ji.zwo wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:28 am
msgretired wrote:
your EFW
Hello there, when you are using the ASIAIR you don't need to use the StarSense( I guess you are using the PA function, right?), ASIAIR has the PA function, so you can use your NexStar HC with ASIAIR.
After fighting with things a bit more this morning I was able to get the mount to operate with the StarSense HC. I have to wait for the mount to boot up before plugging it in. Plug it in and do an alignment on the HC, I just use the quick alignment, then the ASiair will see the mount. Still nothing on my Canon EOS M50.

Just figured I would add a little more. The ASiair does not connect to my StarSense HC consistently, there is no standard set up that allows it to work every time. Also I get the mount moving before I even open the application. So I would say there are some issues with the NexStar driver that is being used. Mine works well with AstroTelescope on my Mac, and it also works correctly on StellarMate. Also both of these support the Canon M50 cameras as well.

Ji.zwo

Post by Ji.zwo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:22 am

msgretired wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:07 am
Ji.zwo wrote:
msgretired wrote:
your EFW
After fighting with things a bit more this morning I was able to get the mount to operate with the StarSense HC. I have to wait for the mount to boot up before plugging it in. Plug it in and do an alignment on the HC, I just use the quick alignment, then the ASiair will see the mount. Still nothing on my Canon EOS M50.

Just figured I would add a little more. The ASiair does not connect to my StarSense HC consistently, there is no standard set up that allows it to work every time. Also I get the mount moving before I even open the application. So I would say there are some issues with the NexStar driver that is being used. Mine works well with AstroTelescope on my Mac, and it also works correctly on StellarMate. Also both of these support the Canon M50 cameras as well.
Okay, I think we need to do more development on the StarSense, your working steps will be helpful.
One more thing, are you using the newest firmware of the StarSense?
BTW, the Canon M50 does not support yet.
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China

msgretired

Post by msgretired » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:17 am

Ji.zwo wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:22 am
msgretired wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:07 am
Ji.zwo wrote:

Okay, I think we need to do more development on the StarSense, your working steps will be helpful.
One more thing, are you using the newest firmware of the StarSense?
BTW, the Canon M50 does not support yet.
Yes it has the latest firmware on the StarSence HS.

Thank You.