Post by Jovax » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:35 pm

your country Portugal, Azores
your mobile Lenovo 10
your mount Celestron CPC800 EDGE HD
your camera ASI071MC pro
your guide camera ASI120mini
your EFW no
your test result and suggestion

I was having problem connection my celestron CPC 8" Edge to asiair , and i find the way to connect 100% the Celestron CPC mount to ASIAIR,
ASIAIR app on telescope option you need to select the celestron SLT/CPC/CGE Mount and change the BAUD RATE to 9600 instead 300. :)... and perfect..... the problem I find is the guide on the screen is upside down , if you touch to the LEFT the mount go to the RIGHT if you touch to DOWN the mount go UP :| any fix for this ??

stubblejumper

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by stubblejumper » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:38 am

There is a PoleMaster Android app. I have connected to it with my smartphone but with the poor weather I've not actually tested it.

stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:55 am

Canada
ASI1600mm Pro
New, not yet used ASI290mm mini for guiding
Samsung SM-T380 tablet
iOptron CEM25P

I am a brand new owner and have been testing batteries because I will not have AC power for 3 months while on vacation. When using the ASIair with my ASI1600, it doesn't seem to matter what power source I use for the ASI1600's cooler. After a few minutes, the cooler loading goes to 100% and the camera warms up to the ambient temperature. I am testing indoors at 22C and set it to -20C which is what I normally use. That no doubt is very close or maybe even exceeds the 40C limit for temperature differential. I am running SharpCap using a laptop right now with an external 9.3Ah battery and it is running fine after 90 minutes.

I have never had a problem with cooling using a laptop, SharpCap and AC power.

What can I do?

stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:40 pm

stubblejumper wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:55 am
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:07 am
After further testing I noticed that ASIair apparently shuts down the cooling after it reaches 100%. With room temperature at 22C and and a target of -20C, that created a temperature differential the cooler could not overcome. With my SharpCap camera control program it simply adjusts the temperature till the cooler can handle it. I am running a test with cooler target of -10C. The cooler is at 57% and ASIair is happily trucking along.

While it won't really affect me, living where I do, it might be a limitation for those living in much hotter climates.

Ji.zwo

Post by Ji.zwo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:08 am

stubblejumper wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:40 pm
stubblejumper wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:55 am
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:07 am
After further testing I noticed that ASIair apparently shuts down the cooling after it reaches 100%. With room temperature at 22C and and a target of -20C, that created a temperature differential the cooler could not overcome. With my SharpCap camera control program it simply adjusts the temperature till the cooler can handle it. I am running a test with cooler target of -10C. The cooler is at 57% and ASIair is happily trucking along.

While it won't really affect me, living where I do, it might be a limitation for those living in much hotter climates.
Thanks for your feedback, we'll test it.
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China

dekkerjj

Post by dekkerjj » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:05 pm

I have problems with the WIFI signal.
The isolation of my house makes the signal too weak to operate the ASIAIR from my home.
Do you have a solution to this problem?

Nigel

Post by Nigel » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:18 am

I’m having problems with windows file downloading over Wi-Fi , sons Mac works fine, an old windows pc that hasn’t been updated for ages works after a few attempts . However my main imaging machine only shows the ASIAIR and won’t show any information lower. I’m sure it’s a windows setting problem but it’s got me stumped.

Otherwise with EQMOD mount, and ASI 1600MM Pro/ ASI120mm s , it’s stunningly good. The dithering and tonight’s best are appreciated :)

Hilmi

Post by Hilmi » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:51 am

dekkerjj wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:05 pm
I have problems with the WIFI signal.
The isolation of my house makes the signal too weak to operate the ASIAIR from my home.
Do you have a solution to this problem?
The 5G signal is much shorter range than the alternative frequency, your best bet is to get a range extender, they are not too costly, otherwise hook up the ASIAir via Ethernet, haven't tried it but I am sure it would work

bodiebell1957

Post by bodiebell1957 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:13 am

Mobile: iPad Mini
Mount: iOptron iEQ 30 Pro
Cameras: ASI 071 MC Pro/ ASI 174 Mini
EFW : none
Connecting to mount via USB to RS32 cable but ASIAIR doesn’t recognize the mount- it does not appear on the drop down menu.
Second question is whether guide camera must be connected directly to ASI Air or whether it can connect to main camera and then to ASI Air?
Thanks!

dekkerjj

Post by dekkerjj » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:45 am

In the manual: An exception if you control the Synta's Equatorial Mount via SyncScan ............. Recommend WQMOD to control the EQ8 (Synta) instead of the SyncScan hand controller. However, SkySafari does not currently support EQMOD ?????
I call that a real shortcoming because the strength of ASIAIR gives this support!
Unfortunately can not do a test because of the bad weather in the Netherlands but also I see no operation possibility of the EQ8 appear in ASIAIR?
I have a fixed setup with an alignment (Polemaster).
Does a 1 star alignment then apply?