ASIAIR User Feedback

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

ASIAIR@ZWO

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:27 am

stubblejumper wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:33 pm
First the good news. ASI Air Pro was terrific for selecting a target, GoTo the target, Plate Solve and centering the target. AutoRun ran perfectly. The bad news is that I could not Polar Align, Focus didn't display screens with indication of focus accuracy and couldn't setup guiding.

First the PA. it would not slew my iOptron CEM25P scope for 60 degrees (step 2). I had to revert to a laptop and PoleMaster for PA.

When I tried to focus, I had no indication about the accuracy of my focus. There were no popup screens. Since a ZWO EAF was present, did the focus become automatic or is this a problem?

When I tried to set up guiding, only one screen was displayed - RA/DEC tracking.

Does ZWO have any tutorials? I couldn't find any other than some by users on YouTube. Those show things I do not see when I try them.

Don

Canada
ASI Air Pro 1.44
ASI1600MM Pro
AT65EDQ scope
ASI290 mini guidecam
ZWO mini scope
EAF
iOptron CEM25P mount

#1 Did the mount power up on ZERO POS?
#2 Were you in the Focus Mode interface? Send me a screenshot at asiair@zwoptical.com
#3 Tap the floating window to enter the interface, and on the top bar, there is a Guide Settings.
#4 The User Manual of PRO is coming.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China

stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:40 pm

The mount was at the zero position when it powered up.

I was in the Focus mode. I'll take a screen shot the next time I go out. I'll also be using a lens which means that the EAF will not be present. After processing some images, the focus turned out to be very good.

I wondered later about clicking on something in the Guide window that opened.

The manual will be very helpful.

Don
ASIAIR@ZWO wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:27 am
stubblejumper wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:33 pm
First the good news. ASI Air Pro was terrific for selecting a target, GoTo the target, Plate Solve and centering the target. AutoRun ran perfectly. The bad news is that I could not Polar Align, Focus didn't display screens with indication of focus accuracy and couldn't setup guiding.

First the PA. it would not slew my iOptron CEM25P scope for 60 degrees (step 2). I had to revert to a laptop and PoleMaster for PA.

When I tried to focus, I had no indication about the accuracy of my focus. There were no popup screens. Since a ZWO EAF was present, did the focus become automatic or is this a problem?

When I tried to set up guiding, only one screen was displayed - RA/DEC tracking.

Does ZWO have any tutorials? I couldn't find any other than some by users on YouTube. Those show things I do not see when I try them.

Don

Canada
ASI Air Pro 1.44
ASI1600MM Pro
AT65EDQ scope
ASI290 mini guidecam
ZWO mini scope
EAF
iOptron CEM25P mount

#1 Did the mount power up on ZERO POS?
#2 Were you in the Focus Mode interface? Send me a screenshot at asiair@zwoptical.com
#3 Tap the floating window to enter the interface, and on the top bar, there is a Guide Settings.
#4 The User Manual of PRO is coming.

stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:09 pm

In PHD2 I can change the gamma of the screen display to bring stars into better relief for guiding. It is very helpful. ASIair Pro doesn't seem to have that function and my ASI290mm mini shows bloated stars with the ZWO mini guide scope.

I'd also like to be able to darken the screen when using the focus function. The background screen is way too bright as well.

Don

Vancouver area, BC Canada
ASI1600MM Pro
ASI290mm mini guide cam/ZWO mini guide scope
ASIair Pro
iOptron CEM25P mount
Nikkor AF300/4 lens
Samsung T380 tablet

ASIAIR@ZWO

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:46 am

stubblejumper wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:09 pm
In PHD2 I can change the gamma of the screen display to bring stars into better relief for guiding. It is very helpful. ASIair Pro doesn't seem to have that function and my ASI290mm mini shows bloated stars with the ZWO mini guide scope.

I'd also like to be able to darken the screen when using the focus function. The background screen is way too bright as well.

Don

Vancouver area, BC Canada
ASI1600MM Pro
ASI290mm mini guide cam/ZWO mini guide scope
ASIair Pro
iOptron CEM25P mount
Nikkor AF300/4 lens
Samsung T380 tablet
Thank Don, the Gamma is helpful to recognize the star but not helpful for the Auto-Select function. BUT we will talk about this.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China

stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:01 pm

ASIAIR@ZWO wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:46 am
stubblejumper wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:09 pm

Don

Thank Don, the Gamma is helpful to recognize the star but not helpful for the Auto-Select function. BUT we will talk about this.
I should have mentioned that I live in a red zone for light pollution. My skies are quite bright. Another point is that my ASI1600 doesn't show the bloating.

One last thought. I wonder if the ZWO mini guide scope is part of the problem. I can switch back to a larger ZWO guide scope (280mm focal length). But creates a more complicated setup situation for me when I use a lens.

Don