ASIAIR User Feedback

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: yang, Sam, lancer jiang, Ji.zwo

gundamrx91
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:54 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by gundamrx91 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:51 pm

Ji.zwo wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:04 am
stubblejumper wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:21 pm
Any plans to support Sony e-mount cameras like the A7 series? Being able to control the camera via ASIair is a terrific function.
Already on the to-do list, but net planned the date yet.
It'd be really appreciated since I've got two E-Mount camera :P

Kerisun
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:37 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by Kerisun » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:41 pm

Thanks for your time and consideration.

rifleman175
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:14 pm

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by rifleman175 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:53 am

your country: Singapore
your mobile device: iPad
your mount: Skywatcher EQM35-PRO
your camera: ASI1600MM Pro as main camera, ASI 120MC as guide camera
your EFW: ZWO EFW
your test result and suggestion: Asiair able to communicate with mount via eqmod cable. Most functions work well, my best results thus far is 5min guided exposure without trailing. One suggestion would be to update the manual with more detailed information on the autoguiding settings. Another request is for the polar alignment functionality to be widened so that it enables imagers close to the equator to make use of it, without having to do trial and error in drift alignment.

User avatar
Ji.zwo
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 3:29 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by Ji.zwo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:23 am

rifleman175 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:53 am
your country: Singapore
your mobile device: iPad
your mount: Skywatcher EQM35-PRO
your camera: ASI1600MM Pro as main camera, ASI 120MC as guide camera
your EFW: ZWO EFW
your test result and suggestion: Asiair able to communicate with mount via eqmod cable. Most functions work well, my best results thus far is 5min guided exposure without trailing. One suggestion would be to update the manual with more detailed information on the autoguiding settings. Another request is for the polar alignment functionality to be widened so that it enables imagers close to the equator to make use of it, without having to do trial and error in drift alignment.
Hi Sir,
Thank you, have feedback to our team.
ZWO | Tech Support
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China

gundamrx91
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:54 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by gundamrx91 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:57 pm

Please, would you mind to delete the spamming messages from the forum?
It looks like an abandoned forum...

Thanks

Giuseppe

matcky
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:29 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by matcky » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:45 am

Hi ZWO,

Wish you all well.

My ASIAIR pro was received yesterday, although it is good looking and with a lot of new features, something disappointed to me. As there has a DSRL shutter Release port, I expected it can be used as a wired shutter so that the unsupported DSRL can took image too. However this expectation failure.

Since many camera is still unsupported by ASIAIR, would you please make use of the shutter release port to control those camera for shooting, we will be benefit from the auto guide and dithering. Of course, I hope that EOS Ra will be on your supported list very soon.

Matthew
Hong Kong
Iphone and Ipad
DIY Harmonic Drive Mount
ASI071MC and EOS Ra
ASI EFW

User avatar
Ji.zwo
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 3:29 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by Ji.zwo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:04 am

matcky wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:45 am
Hi ZWO,

Wish you all well.

My ASIAIR pro was received yesterday, although it is good looking and with a lot of new features, something disappointed to me. As there has a DSRL shutter Release port, I expected it can be used as a wired shutter so that the unsupported DSRL can took image too. However this expectation failure.

Since many camera is still unsupported by ASIAIR, would you please make use of the shutter release port to control those camera for shooting, we will be benefit from the auto guide and dithering. Of course, I hope that EOS Ra will be on your supported list very soon.

Matthew
Hong Kong
Iphone and Ipad
DIY Harmonic Drive Mount
ASI071MC and EOS Ra
ASI EFW
Noted, Matthew.
ZWO | Tech Support
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China

User avatar
Ji.zwo
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 3:29 am

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by Ji.zwo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:05 am

gundamrx91 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:57 pm
Please, would you mind to delete the spamming messages from the forum?
It looks like an abandoned forum...

Thanks

Giuseppe
We are removing the spamming messages every day. Thank you.
ZWO | Tech Support
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China

Post Reply