stubblejumper

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback

Post by stubblejumper » Thu May 30, 2019 4:59 pm

Canada
ASI1600mm Pro
ASI290mm mini
Samsung Android tablet
ASIair v 228.

I need to know which iOptron setting for telescope is appropriate for my CEM25P. It uses an 8408 hand controller. There is a setting which begins CEM but then lists very dissimilar products. Another setting has Smart EQ/ZEQ with 8407/8 controller. Both seem to work but every once in a while I get totally weird GoTos.

I also am confused about the Plate Solve. In ASIair it has a Synch and Goto button. If I go to SkySafari, how does it know the synch location?

Erik

Post by Erik » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Solved with the help from zwo support. Very kind
Thank you
Erik

Erik

Post by Erik » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:23 pm

Sorry put in the wrong post

astrosatch

Post by astrosatch » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:23 am

There is bug which is not resolved yet.
I have latest beta 1.2 (60) and before I updated with every release that has been released and no luck.
After autorun finishes with imaging if I have turned on shut down asiair and goto zero position only asiair shuts down and mount stays where it was. there is no going to zero position. Othervise zero position works. I guess asiair shuts down before there is command executed to park scope.
Please advise.

Br,
Andrej

Sam

Post by Sam » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:00 am

astrosatch wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:23 am
There is bug which is not resolved yet.
I have latest beta 1.2 (60) and before I updated with every release that has been released and no luck.
After autorun finishes with imaging if I have turned on shut down asiair and goto zero position only asiair shuts down and mount stays where it was. there is no going to zero position. Othervise zero position works. I guess asiair shuts down before there is command executed to park scope.
Please advise.

Br,
Andrej

this has been fixed with the release of 1.2
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China

Luigi67

Post by Luigi67 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:56 pm

Italy
ASI071 Cooled
IPhone /Tablet Huawei
GM2000HPS
Thank you very much for solving the focus bug.
For me it is very important to make the model
to the manual frame.

Jovax

Post by Jovax » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am

Dear team Zwo

The preview is very slow, take more them 5 sec to see a preview of a 1 sec expose, I was inform was fixed in 1,2 update, but is still the same,

Pls fix :)

Regards
John

keano

Post by keano » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:21 am

Please update names stars with english names shown on the mount GOTO page.

Mtomko

Post by Mtomko » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:27 am

Revisions requested:

Just ordered a second ASIAIR so that I can have dedicated units for both of my telescope rigs. The ZWO products are great and the continuous improvement mindset of the ZWO team is appreciated. I’d like to see the following two feature enhancements made to the next revision of ASIAIR software:
1: Star lost alarm: the ability to set an audible alarm to alarm users when the guide Star has been lost for an amount of time determined by the user.
2: Exposure/imaging time: in addition to the preset times, it would be useful to allow users to have the ability make the exposure time variable and set their own numeric value. This would be very helpful especially for improving the ability for producing flat frames.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Mike

Rrosenberg8

Re: ASIAIR User Feedback Named objects

Post by Rrosenberg8 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:25 pm

The named objects feature is very useful. One addition is more named stars! Many of the iOptron alignment stars are not in ASIAir's list. It would be slick to align the mount (I think) using iOptron's 3 star alignment system using the plate solving of ASIAir. I'm not sure how many stars iOptron uses, I'd guess all 2nd Magnitude and above. I could send the list of numbered stars at the end of their manual if that would be helpful.
It's also possible the names are spelled differently. A list similar to what's done with objects would be helpful, even better limiting them to what is visible at the current location and time.
Also, the named objects (I think) omits planets - that would be a nice addition.
Overall the ASIAir works very well with the iOptron CEM40. The documentation is very good it just needs to be read and followed :)