ROI and ASIAIR Pro

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

Alain LAFONT

ROI and ASIAIR Pro

Post by Alain LAFONT » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:00 am

Hello,

I recently own the latest ASIAIR Pro version that I use with a ZWO system and in particular the ASI183MM Pro camera.
Normally, according to the associated documentation, version 1.4.4 integrates the ROI function (which in my opinion is an excellent development). However, I cannot find this function for my ASI183MM Pro!
Can you help me please ?

Best regards

Alain Lafont

ASIAIR@ZWO

Re: ROI and ASIAIR Pro

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:38 am

Alain LAFONT wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:00 am
Hello,

I recently own the latest ASIAIR Pro version that I use with a ZWO system and in particular the ASI183MM Pro camera.
Normally, according to the associated documentation, version 1.4.4 integrates the ROI function (which in my opinion is an excellent development). However, I cannot find this function for my ASI183MM Pro!
Can you help me please ?

Best regards

Alain Lafont
Hello Alain, for now it's only for the full-frame cameras. But we are considering to expand it to APS-C cameras.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China

Alain LAFONT

Post by Alain LAFONT » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:21 pm

He,

Thank you for this answer which unfortunately does not please me :lol: . It's still a real plus to be able to frame your sensor according to the object. Before switching to ASIAIR Pro, I was using SharpCap which allowed it. Pity ,Sniff !!

I hope all the same for later ...
On the other hand it does not seem logical to me to limit the ROI to the large format because the users have voluntarily buy a large format to use it. No ?

Best regards
Alain

ASIAIR@ZWO

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:42 am

Alain LAFONT wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:21 pm
He,

Thank you for this answer which unfortunately does not please me :lol: . It's still a real plus to be able to frame your sensor according to the object. Before switching to ASIAIR Pro, I was using SharpCap which allowed it. Pity ,Sniff !!

I hope all the same for later ...
On the other hand it does not seem logical to me to limit the ROI to the large format because the users have voluntarily buy a large format to use it. No ?

Best regards
Alain
Thank you we will talk about this.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China