Asiair with Orion HDX110

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

skullandbones

Asiair with Orion HDX110

Post by skullandbones » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:19 am

I have a SW EQ6 R- pro with Asiair pro. Connected with USB 2 type a to Asiair and type b to USB on mount, it works perfectly. Every function of asiair works. So trying to accomplish the same result on my HDX110 mount is not as easy. There is no USB port. There is only a snap port, HC port, and autoguider port. I can add an Orion wifi adaptor to the mount's HC port. My question is: will Asiair pro recognize and communicate with the mount with this dongle? I have begun checking with a permanent hardware solution (eqdirect cable) but want to do this first. I have not found any documentation to support the wifi route yet. Please advise.

Thank you, :?: :?: :?:

WEK

ASIAIR@ZWO

Re: Asiair with Orion HDX110

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:02 am

skullandbones wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:19 am
I have a SW EQ6 R- pro with Asiair pro. Connected with USB 2 type a to Asiair and type b to USB on mount, it works perfectly. Every function of asiair works. So trying to accomplish the same result on my HDX110 mount is not as easy. There is no USB port. There is only a snap port, HC port, and autoguider port. I can add an Orion wifi adaptor to the mount's HC port. My question is: will Asiair pro recognize and communicate with the mount with this dongle? I have begun checking with a permanent hardware solution (eqdirect cable) but want to do this first. I have not found any documentation to support the wifi route yet. Please advise.

Thank you, :?: :?: :?:

WEK
Hey WEK, please take a look at this doc: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mAgf1s ... 3REyz/view
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China

skullandbones

Post by skullandbones » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:55 pm

Hi support,

That is pretty comprehensive documentation (nice step by step). How did I miss. that? It may be that I was not interested in the SW wifi adaptor. Should have read it anyway. So question: will Orion HDX110 mount be recognized? And will I need house wifi to extend to my observatory about 16 meters from house? I guess I could use phone as hotspot when out of asiair pro.
Please advise.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

WEK

ASIAIR@ZWO

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:16 am

skullandbones wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:55 pm
Hi support,

That is pretty comprehensive documentation (nice step by step). How did I miss. that? It may be that I was not interested in the SW wifi adaptor. Should have read it anyway. So question: will Orion HDX110 mount be recognized? And will I need house wifi to extend to my observatory about 16 meters from house? I guess I could use phone as hotspot when out of asiair pro.
Please advise.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

WEK
Hey WEK, the Orion EQ-G HDX110 uses the SynScan V5 HC, so I believe that it's compatible with the SynScan WiFi Adapter. But you need to confirm that with the Orion company.
Yes, for a better experience you need a WiFi extender.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China