Canon Ra

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

rreed

Canon Ra

Post by rreed » Mon May 04, 2020 12:44 am

I'd like to add my vote for ASIAIR support of Canon Ra cameras. I think that it's mostly unsupported because it uses CR3 raw files which is not yet supported by ZWO. Thanks! Rick

ASIAIR@ZWO

Re: Canon Ra

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Wed May 06, 2020 6:34 am

rreed wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:44 am
I'd like to add my vote for ASIAIR support of Canon Ra cameras. I think that it's mostly unsupported because it uses CR3 raw files which is not yet supported by ZWO. Thanks! Rick
Hey rreed, we will add a new batch of DSLR in v1.4.5 which planned to release in next month.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China

rreed

Post by rreed » Fri May 08, 2020 4:17 am

Great news! Thanks.

Hs9

Post by Hs9 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:52 pm

Any update on the new release? Would be great to have Ra support on the ASIAir.
- Astrojedi

ASIAIR@ZWO

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:07 am

Hs9 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:52 pm
Any update on the new release? Would be great to have Ra support on the ASIAir.
Nope, in Suzhou China, we are in the raining season, no clear skies to test all the new fantastic features, maybe 1 month later.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China

jim0020

Post by jim0020 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:09 pm

Another vote for the Canon Ra. I've got an ASIAir Pro, only to find out my camera (the Ra) is not compatible.

ASIAIR@ZWO

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:07 am

jim0020 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:09 pm
Another vote for the Canon Ra. I've got an ASIAir Pro, only to find out my camera (the Ra) is not compatible.
Noted, thank you. We will try to support this camera.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China

Erhad

Post by Erhad » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:28 pm

I bought a Zwo AsiAir Pro only to find shortly after my purchase that it won't work with my modified Canon Eos R. OK, I should have checked the list of compatible cameras first, fair enough, but frankly, the EOS Ra is arguably the most important astro related DSLR announcement in YEARS, and it didn't even cross my mind that the AsiAir wouldn't support it. The Eos R was launched over 2 years ago, the Ra a year ago, frankly, the incompatibility of the AsiAir with this camera is very hard to understand, and with all due respect, a terrible omission in my opinion...

Please, please, support the Eos R, the future is mirrorless, I'm afraid, more and more users are moving to Eos R and Nikon Z platforms for astro imaging. We need to move with the times.

My AsiAir remains, sadly, unused...

Thanks

ASIAIR@ZWO

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:39 am

Erhad wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:28 pm
I bought a Zwo AsiAir Pro only to find shortly after my purchase that it won't work with my modified Canon Eos R. OK, I should have checked the list of compatible cameras first, fair enough, but frankly, the EOS Ra is arguably the most important astro related DSLR announcement in YEARS, and it didn't even cross my mind that the AsiAir wouldn't support it. The Eos R was launched over 2 years ago, the Ra a year ago, frankly, the incompatibility of the AsiAir with this camera is very hard to understand, and with all due respect, a terrible omission in my opinion...

Please, please, support the Eos R, the future is mirrorless, I'm afraid, more and more users are moving to Eos R and Nikon Z platforms for astro imaging. We need to move with the times.

Thanks
Okay, when the public beta is ready, please give it a try.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China

Erhad

Post by Erhad » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:45 pm

ASIAIR@ZWO wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:39 am
Erhad wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:28 pm

Thanks
Okay, when the public beta is ready, please give it a try.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Any idea when it will be available?