ASIAIR 1.4 Wired Ethernet

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: yang, Sam, lancer jiang, Ji.zwo

Radders76

Re: ASIAIR 1.4 Wired Ethernet

Post by Radders76 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi Chen,

No worries if it not much faster. I image in my back garden and just outside my back garden where my router signal drops considerably so the extender will come in handy even at 2.4ghz.

Thanks

W7AY

Post by W7AY » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:06 pm

Oh yeah, if the signal strength is poor enough, you may even want to switch the extender to using 2.4 GHz.

Looks like you already have multiple ways to connect to the home network -- unlike the woes that you read on the ASIAIR Facebook page :-).

Have fun. Between clouds, rain and snow, no astrophotography until Spring for me.

Chen

galactique

Post by galactique » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:09 pm

I have just now installed a wired ethernet connection from ASIAIR on my mount, outside in the garden, via ethernet cable which enters through a window to plug into a Netgear N300 range extender which gives wifi connection to my iPad in the warm kitchen.

A little tricky to set up the wifi asiair-ext zone on the extender, it needed a restart of the ipad before it would agree to work.

Now it works just great.

After shooting I move files from ASIair to Apple MacBook Pro also via wired ethernet. Cable direct between ASIAir and unmanaged router, then to MacOS folders, using Finder. No need to extract the SD card.

Ji.zwo

Post by Ji.zwo » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:31 am

Thanks for the sharing Chen. You are an expert.
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China