ASIAir Pro - potential to revolutionize EAA!!!!

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

propus

Re: ASIAir Pro - potential to revolutionize EAA!!!!

Post by propus » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:49 pm

I have used the ASI294 MC pro with both ASIAir version 1, and now the pro for EAA with great success.
Combined with Sky Safari, hopping around the sky is fun and easy. I commonly image 10 - 15 DSO's a night. If I find one I want to really focus on I will shoot some cal frames and stack.
The only real control you have is stretching, but that seems good enough for what I'm doing. The auto white balance works fairly well. If you want to play with the colors more than that, it saves raw images (including cal frames if you shot them) on the card for processing later, but I never post process at home.

I think you will enjoy it.

astrosatch

Post by astrosatch » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:23 pm

Yes, I know all that. It's just I have galaxy tab A 10.1 2gb of ram. For asiair pro it is stated that it requires at least 4gb of ram. At the moment I didn't notice anything wrong with operation of asiair pro including live stacking. Is there absolutely need for 4gb of ram and if so what should I expect because I have only 2gb?

ASIAIR@ZWO

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:38 am

astrosatch wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:23 pm
Yes, I know all that. It's just I have galaxy tab A 10.1 2gb of ram. For asiair pro it is stated that it requires at least 4gb of ram. At the moment I didn't notice anything wrong with operation of asiair pro including live stacking. Is there absolutely need for 4gb of ram and if so what should I expect because I have only 2gb?

We recommended using 4GB RAM cause future features are required.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China