ASIAIR 1.3 Issues

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: yang, Sam, lancer jiang, Ji.zwo

FreemanZlat

ASIAIR 1.3 Issues

Post by FreemanZlat » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi!
Today I updated ASI to 1.3 (3.37) (on Android). And I got problems.
My setup: SW HEQ5Pro mount with eq-direct cable, ASI 178mm guiding cam, ASI 1600MMC main cam, ZWO EFW.

1. After 5-10 minutes of work tracking stops with error "Abort tracking. Telescope points beyond the horizon":

I tried both modes (EQMod Mount and EQMod with safari) - same error.
Date/time and position settings in phone is correct (Is time on this screen UTC? Real time was: 21:35):

2. Guiding errors:

Guiding is going well for a while, then app freezes on 3-5 seconds and mount moves along one of the axes (Ra is more often then Dec). Stars in the image are stretched.
But without guiding there are round stars in the images.

On the previous version of the software, everything worked well.

Please fix this issues.

And can you send me previous version of Android ASIAIR apk? Because it is impossible to work on the current version.. :(

Ji.zwo

Re: ASIAIR 1.3 Issues

Post by Ji.zwo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:28 am

FreemanZlat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:23 pm
Hi!
Today I updated ASI to 1.3 (3.37) (on Android). And I got problems.
My setup: SW HEQ5Pro mount with eq-direct cable, ASI 178mm guiding cam, ASI 1600MMC main cam, ZWO EFW.

1. After 5-10 minutes of work tracking stops with error "Abort tracking. Telescope points beyond the horizon":

I tried both modes (EQMod Mount and EQMod with safari) - same error.
Date/time and position settings in phone is correct (Is time on this screen UTC? Real time was: 21:35):

2. Guiding errors:

Guiding is going well for a while, then app freezes on 3-5 seconds and mount moves along one of the axes (Ra is more often then Dec). Stars in the image are stretched.
But without guiding there are round stars in the images.

On the previous version of the software, everything worked well.

Please fix this issues.

And can you send me previous version of Android ASIAIR apk? Because it is impossible to work on the current version.. :(
Hello, we have the HEQ5 Pro too, and tested. It seems the problem is caused by the date and time values. Have you try to reboot the mount & ASIAIR device & app? The second screenshot shows that the Time Zone and Time are incorrect based on your desc -- it should be 21:35:25.
The previous version, please find it here: https://www.pgyer.com/ASIAIR .
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China

Ji.zwo

Post by Ji.zwo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:30 am

You need to do an OS restore first. Reference : https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/ma ... AIR_OS.pdf
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China

FreemanZlat

Post by FreemanZlat » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:59 am

Thanks for the reply.
Have you try to reboot the mount & ASIAIR device & app?
Yes, but the problem is the same.
It seems the problem is caused by the date and time values. The second screenshot shows that the Time Zone and Time are incorrect based on your desc -- it should be 21:35:25.
Ok, but objects that I tried to shoot do not move below the horizon in our region at any time. It may be a problem with the coordinates?
You need to do an OS restore first.
Ok, thanks!

FreemanZlat

Post by FreemanZlat » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:10 am

Hi!

It seems I solved the problem! :)
The problem was in the power supply of HEQ5. When I replaced power supply with a new one, problem was gone!

Ji.zwo

Post by Ji.zwo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:39 am

FreemanZlat wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:10 am
Hi!

It seems I solved the problem! :)
The problem was in the power supply of HEQ5. When I replaced power supply with a new one, problem was gone!
Wow, that's great!
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:30 pm

hi! I have the exact same issue with my eq6r pro mount. after a ramdom time the app says: telescope points out of horizon. Ive tried two different power supplies but thd problem is still there. the time in asiair app is always the time when I started the app. Could this be the issue? thanks!

Ji.zwo

Post by Ji.zwo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:01 am

Alex wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:30 pm
hi! I have the exact same issue with my eq6r pro mount. after a ramdom time the app says: telescope points out of horizon. Ive tried two different power supplies but thd problem is still there. the time in asiair app is always the time when I started the app. Could this be the issue? thanks!
Hello Alex, have you tried 【Sync to mount】?
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China

rolfpies

Post by rolfpies » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:15 am

Unfortunately I have the same issue. EQ3-2 goto, phone with android, eqmod with safari. One month ago everything was ok, so it worked with the same version of application. The error is really huge, when I try to point to object close to the Zenith it, the mount goes close to the horizon. I have tried to move the mount manually with goto function in asiair, I have done plate solving (finished with success communicate), after sync with mount asiair gives me two types of communicates: sometimes I can see information that it is impossible to make sync so close to Polaris (it is actually far from NP) or success. But after success when I try to move telescope to object chosen from asiair list or from Safari it goes in wrong place or displayse the message that my object is beyond the horizon. I have checked location (the same Safari and asiair and phone gps), height above sea level, time (asiair shows UTC and right time zone). I do not have any idea what is wrong.

Alex

Post by Alex » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:49 pm

@ji.zwo yes, I've tried sync to mount and it says: sync success but it doesn't matter :(