tamachi

android 9 not found ASIair

Post by tamachi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:27 pm

ASIair App 1.2 and 1.21
wifi 2.4GHz
Japan
HUaWEI nova lite2 android 9,latest firmware
issue
I cannot find and connect to ASIair by ASIair App neverthless can connect to its wifi ,since my smartphone was updtaed from 8 to android9.
I permit all executive rights to ASIair App on my smartphone.

Any suggestrons?
Thanks

lancer jiang

Re: android 9 not found ASIair

Post by lancer jiang » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:32 pm

hi
I cannot find and connect to ASIair

Did you mean you can not find the Asiair ssid on your phone?
have you tried on some other phone or tablet?
And one more interesting thing is you have to turn off the 4G traffic on some android phone when you switch to the wifi which could not access the internet

if anything does not help,please try to restore the Asiair system
https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/ma ... Manual.pdf

W7AY

Post by W7AY » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Hello Tamachi san,

The ASIAIR defaults to using 5 GHz WiFi. If your smart phone only has 2.4 GHz capability, you will need to first switch the ASIAIR to use 2.4 GHz instead of 5 GHz using a phone that has 5 GHz capability.

There is a WiFi Icon on the top left of the ASIAIR home window. That takes you to the ASIAIR Settings window. There is a 5 GHz selection switch in ASIAIR Settings. Turn it off, and the ASIAIR will use 2.4 GHz after you reboot ASIAIR.

If you don't have access to a device that has 5 GHz capability, you can still perform the switch, but it is more involved and it should only be done if you are familiar with the Raspberry Pi, otherwise you may corrupt the SD card.

There is a text file in the micro SD card that is named ASIAIR_Config.txt. Mount that SD card on a computer. *** Be sure that you DO NOT ALLOW the computer to reformat the card, otherwise you will lose the ASIAIR firmware and your license file that is on the card !! ***

Open the file ASIAIR_Config.txt from a text editor, and you will find two lines that say

#ASIAIR boot as 2.4GHZ WiFi if set to 1
AP_boot_24G=0

Change the "AP_boot_24G=0" to "AP_boot_24G=1", then save the file back to the SD card. The next time you boot up ASIAIR, the ASIAIR should present its SSID on the 2.4 GHz network.

Again, please do not mount the SD card or perform any editing of its files unless you are familiar with the process. If you do not own a 5 GHz phone, it is better to borrow one, temporarily install ASIAIR app on the 5 GHz phone, and switch the WiFi band using the ASIAIR app itself.

Clear skies,
Chen

tamachi

Post by tamachi » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:48 pm

I have been using ASIair more than for a year.

ASIair's SSId can be seen and connect to it by this HUAWEI android9 smartphone via 2.4GH.
But when I connect o ASIair by App , not found message appears .
Another device , HUAWEI MATE3 LTE android8 tablet can do .
auto wifi to internet connection is always off.

tamachi

Post by tamachi » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:05 am

I solved not detected ASIair from my android9 smartphone.

set Fixed IP addr on smart.