Using ASIAIR pro with no Guiding

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

keramos

Using ASIAIR pro with no Guiding

Post by keramos » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:15 am

Hello,

While I'm waiting for my ZWO guide scope and 120MM mini to be delivered, I wondered if I can still use my ASIAIR pro with tracking only since I'll not have any guiding scope/camera.

If ASIAIR will still track object (after PA etc etc), are there any settings in the app that need to made?

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

FYI, Mount is explore scientific iexos-100, and will be using DSLR (also waiting for scope to be delivered).

Thanks in advance.

astrosatch

Re: Using ASIAIR pro with no Guiding

Post by astrosatch » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:00 am

Of course you can. Make sure your PA is good if you are shooting without guiding. You can't dither without guiding though.
Andrej

talktogreg

Post by talktogreg » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 am

Yes

Make sure too that 'tracking' is enabled on the TELESCOPE (mount) page. This is usually enabled after a successful GOTO and Plate Solve.

Also, perhaps do more, shorter exposures. There's a sneaky way to test if it's going well without guiding - use LIVE mode. If it happily stacks without throwing a warning, then it's tracking well enough :)

keramos

Post by keramos » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:32 pm

Thank you Greg and Andrej, at least now I can practice and make some good use of the time while I wait for main scope and guide scope to arrive.

:D