asiair connect to skywatcher AZGTi

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: yang, Sam, Ji.zwo, lancer jiang

jaygpoo

asiair connect to skywatcher AZGTi

Post by jaygpoo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:44 am

Dear sir, I have downloaded the instructions and the first problem is that my asiair wifi screen shows the name ASIAIR_2692ddb9 not ASIAIR_Dev_Fei. I change from 5g to 2.4 but the name is the same . There is no way to change it.
When I move to the skywatcher synscan pro wifi settings page the asiair name does not appear? At this point I can not continue. Any help would be grateful. Jay

W7AY

Re: asiair connect to skywatcher AZGTi

Post by W7AY » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:30 pm

Hi Jay,

That "ASIAIR_Dev_Fei" is just an example of the WiFi SSID that they were using when ZWO created the document. (Perhaps a developer at ZWO whose name is Fei.)

The SSID that you see (ASIAIR_2692ddb9) is the correct one to use. If you look at the side of the ASIAIR Raspberry Pi enclosure, you should see the same SSID printed on a small sticker, together with a QR code. The "2692ddb9" is part of the ARM chip's processor ID that is unique to every Raspberry Pi.

ASIAIR_2692ddb9 should also be the SSID that you select in your tablet's WiFi network setting.

You can change your ASIAIR's SSID to something else; but I would recommend not changing it unless there is a second ASIAIR nearby to confuse you.

(I have changed my two ASIAIR SSID to ASIAIR_1 and ASIAIR_2, for example, so I can easily identify which is which.)

Clear skies,
Chen

lancer jiang

Re: asiair connect to skywatcher AZGTi

Post by lancer jiang » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:50 am

Hi jay

you can change your Asiair from 5G to 2.4 in ASIAIR Settings

“”When I move to the skywatcher synscan pro wifi settings page the asiair name does not appear?“”
Yes,when you move to the synscan pro,you need to connect the GTI‘s wifi, such as “SynScan_XXXX”

And you can set the parameters in the settings follow the manual

by the way
Chen is not the staff of ZWO. He is very proficient in astronomy.

Hi Chen
Thanks a lot,