ASIAIR not connecting to skywatcher sycscan

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: yang, Sam, Ji.zwo

Astrosheep

ASIAIR not connecting to skywatcher sycscan

Post by Astrosheep » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:10 am

I have just purchased a ASIAIR but having troubles connect to the HEQ5pro with V4 synscan version 4.39.05.
I have followed every one else examples of how they connect even checked the cables and I can control mount from computer
I’m using iPad and iPhone.
Thanks in advance Sean

HDastro

Re: ASIAIR not connecting to skywatcher sycscan

Post by HDastro » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:40 pm

According to ZWO, you must first do a star alignment before ASIair will connect. I had the same problem with my Skywatcher EQ6-R with Synscan V5.

After star alignment, connected fine.

Are you getting a message with ASIair saying " Connection failed" or something along those lines, if so, do a star alignment then try connecting again.

Hope this helps

JayS_CT

Post by JayS_CT » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:31 pm

HDastro wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:40 pm
According to ZWO, you must first do a star alignment before ASIair will connect. I had the same problem with my Skywatcher EQ6-R with Synscan V5.

After star alignment, connected fine.

Are you getting a message with ASIair saying " Connection failed" or something along those lines, if so, do a star alignment then try connecting again.

Hope this helps
So are you saying do a star alignment with the hand controller and then activate connection to the scope through the app? Also, what cable connection are you using to go from the hand controller to the ASIAir which is a serial connector. I have the one I use to connect my Macbook Pro to the mount's hand controller which is serial to RJ45 (Hand Controller end).. Are using that cable?

Jay S.

HDastro

Post by HDastro » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:45 am

Yes, star alignment with hand controller then connect. I have the V5 Synscan hand controller which has a USB MALE connector on bottom right of the hand controller. I connect directly to it that way from ASIair, meaning 1 USB cable from ASIair to Synscan hand controller.

Other hand controllers vary eg: USB to RS-232, Micro USB connection etc......

Luckily my Skywatcher EQ6-R came with a hand controller with a direct USB connection that I can use leaving the RJ12 PORT open for the GPS external module.

Hope this helps.

HDastro

Post by HDastro » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:17 am

One other thing, in the Asiair app, under Telescope settings, you did choose Skywatcher Synscan and if you look, there is a flip switch like on iPhones to turn on for example Wifi, Bluetooth etc. asiair also has a flip switch. Can you describe exactly what you do to connect, that might help to better resolve your problem.

Thx

Ji.zwo

Post by Ji.zwo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Rojoyinc wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:31 pm
guessing. I read with my avx to use the synscan. It would not connect. Since the synscan is a clone of the celestron command set, I switched to the celestron nexstar and it connected right up. (though mine is a celestron) I suspect yours still too? worth trying.

I was taking a test sub 5 minutes after I opened the box. ASIAIR is amazing. (I also have massive permanent totally remote setup) and the ASIAIR is refreshing.
Hello, could you please take a image of your HC?
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China

dansemacabre

Post by dansemacabre » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:24 am

Same problem here. in 1.7 sefotware version, there was no problem, in 1.8 it connect just sometimes (but mostly doesn't). There's no problem with connecting and moving mount in SkySafari, but I can't connect EQ6 in Air (there are no movement arrows).

Ji.zwo

Post by Ji.zwo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:34 am

dansemacabre wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:24 am
Same problem here. in 1.7 sefotware version, there was no problem, in 1.8 it connect just sometimes (but mostly doesn't). There's no problem with connecting and moving mount in SkySafari, but I can't connect EQ6 in Air (there are no movement arrows).
Hello please send me some screenshots of the Telescope Settings and Preview interface to me via email: ji@zwoptical.com. Let's find out what happened there.
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China