ASICAP for Android

questions or suggestion about ASICAP software

Moderators: Support@ZWO, Software@ZWO

astropical

ASICAP for Android

Post by astropical » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:53 am

Dear ZWO Team,
Your recent ASIStudio is optically most pleasing and a functionally intuitive, well though-out software suite. Since you are certainly busy with maintenance of ASIStudio, my question: is ASICAP for Android discontinued? ASIStudio can do everything, but the Android version would be great for field work without need for firing up a computer. I was hoping that the Android version would someday support autoguiding :roll:
Whatever the answer will be, you are doing great!
Kind Regards
Robert

gilesc

Re: ASICAP for Android

Post by gilesc » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:15 am

ASIStudio for Android (including ASILive) would be great, (as would ASIStudio for Raspberry Pi)

I tend to use ASICap on my Android tablet for initial setup - initial focusing, checking guide scope alignment, Star and Polar Alignment of the mount via CCD, but once the alignment process is complete I use INDI drivers for my imaging etc... from my desktop indoors via the INDI server on the Pi.

So any news of expanding ASIStudio to either/both Android or Raspberry Pi would be really great!

Software@ZWO

Re: ASICAP for Android

Post by Software@ZWO » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:28 am

Thank you for your love for ASICAP on Android. We didn't give up asicap, she's still in maintenance. ASIStudio on Mobile devices or Raspberry Pi sounds great. Maybe it will come true in future. ASIAIR runs on Android and iPhone. It has powerful functions.
Mouling Song
ZWO Software Engineer
SuZhou China