asi120MC-S

any question related to our SDK and driver

Moderators: yang, ray, chad

asi120MC-S

Postby piloteer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:14 am

I can do a daytime video of a distant object just fine. But night time I can't get any video images of bright stars. There's something wrong in what I'm doing? The camera is present on the Windows 7 device manager. Should get at least an out of focus image, but all I get is specals noise.
Please any help is appreciated

Thank you
piloteer
piloteer

Re: asi120MC-S

Postby chad » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:43 am

Hi Piloteer,
Do you use the same setting for day and night?
Thanks
chad
ZWO Driver Engineer
SuZhou China
chad

Postby piloteer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi Chad, No, the daytime is different. I tried longer exposures shorter , varied the gammas, gain
and all the other variable. Can't get a video or even see a trace of an out of focus image. Varied the focuses, with long tube, short tube, you name it.

piloteer
piloteer

Postby chad » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:08 am

Hi Piloteer,
If you can use the camera fine in daytime, not night.So I think the camera should works well.
Maybe you can try and shoot the moon first.
Usually, the problem is that the device is not debugged well, both the camera and the telescope. Because of different devices, and different target, they use different shoot methods. It's often difficult to shoot a star with a set of devices that you're not familiar with。 So I suggest you shoot an obvious target at first, like the moon.
After you get familiar with the use of the method, then you can try to shoot other goals.
How about?
Thanks
chad
ZWO Driver Engineer
SuZhou China
chad

Return to SDK & Driver