Bayer patter for 174 MC

any question related to our SDK and driver

Moderators: yang, Support@ZWO

pfassler

Bayer patter for 174 MC

Post by pfassler » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:26 pm

What is the bayer pattern of the sensor for the 174 MC camera for the debayering in Fire Capture. As I get very strange color videos with the available setting for debayering. Is there a better software program to use for debayering color videos?

Re: Bayer patter for 174 MC

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:02 am

its should be RG under FC
and GBRG under AS!2, you can debayer with AS!2 when stacking

pfassler

Post by pfassler » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:11 pm

If I use RG in FC then my picture is only blue......If I use another bayer combination the pictures are either green with a lot of black patterns in in the picture or the color is a rusty brown...I tried to get the natural color of the moon.....but all I can do is use a pattern in FC, (f.i. RG) and then use Registax and adjust the color mix after aligning and stacking......it seems to me that with this camera none of the pattern to be used for debayering in FC give me a natural color. Any one who has similar experience with FC? SharpCap ans the ASI software give me no problem and the videos all have natural color.

Sam

Post by Sam » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:51 am

did you try to adjust the White balance after enable "debayer"?
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China

pfassler

Post by pfassler » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:27 pm

No I did not adjust the white balance..I am not even sure where I can do that as I cannot find it in FC, When I capture in FC do I have to always set (check) the debayer and capture in color in settings and the temporarily disable debayer if I want to record in RAW and preview in color, or can I leave the "Debayer and capture in color " unchecked. There is not white balance adjustment in the debayering program of FC. Thanks for your help

Sam

Post by Sam » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:29 am

pfassler wrote:No I did not adjust the white balance..I am not even sure where I can do that as I cannot find it in FC, When I capture in FC do I have to always set (check) the debayer and capture in color in settings and the temporarily disable debayer if I want to record in RAW and preview in color, or can I leave the "Debayer and capture in color " unchecked. There is not white balance adjustment in the debayering program of FC. Thanks for your help
we usually save in raw mode(debayer off) and adjust the color later
because raw data is only 1/3 size of RGB
For white balance, just click “more" near the gamma
more controls will show up
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China