FireCapture - Centering image on chip

any question related to our SDK and driver

Moderators: yang, Support@ZWO

nickatnight

FireCapture - Centering image on chip

Post by nickatnight » Sat May 16, 2015 6:51 am

I can not figure out how to center the image on the chip in FireCapture. It always wants to default to the upper left corner, which is not the sweet spot of the optics. I read there is a setting somewhere, but I've gone through the settings over and over, and can't find it? Any help? Thanks!

Re: FireCapture - Centering image on chip

Post by Guest » Sun May 17, 2015 3:21 am

Firecapture cannot physically move the image on the chip. it is where it is. When you select an ROI it is displaying the ROI pixels only and defaults that display to the top left of the firecapture window.

Regarding the optics, the small size of these imaging chips (0.25 to 0.5 inch) means that they only capture a relatively small area around the optical axis and so the image location on the chip is unlikely to impact the quality of the recorded image

Hope this helps :)

yang
Site Admin

Post by yang » Tue May 19, 2015 7:29 am

nickatnight wrote:I can not figure out how to center the image on the chip in FireCapture. It always wants to default to the upper left corner, which is not the sweet spot of the optics. I read there is a setting somewhere, but I've gone through the settings over and over, and can't find it? Any help? Thanks!
Hi, In FireCapture v2.4.07BETA, ROI can be set by drawing a rectangle on display window with mouse, and it is ROI on chip. :D
ZWO software engineer
SuZhou China

nickatnight

Post by nickatnight » Tue May 19, 2015 7:51 am

Very helpful replies. Thank you! I'm all good now.