ASI120MM driver stability??

any question related to our SDK and driver

Moderators: yang, Support@ZWO

GerryP

ASI120MM driver stability??

Post by GerryP » Thu May 23, 2013 12:30 am

Hello everyone
I'm trying to get a ASI120MM to run for more than two minutes on a Windows 7 laptop. The camera locks the computer up and I have to power down. I want to make sure the camera will work with the native software before I try using any other capture program. Any ideas on what is wrong??
thanks
Gerry Pennington

Sam

Re: ASI120MM driver stability??

Post by Sam » Thu May 23, 2013 8:25 am

Hi Gerry
I suggest you can try SharpCap which is very stable.
I use it most of the time.
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China

ReEspith

Post by ReEspith » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Sam, I have found neither SharpCap nor Fire Capture to be stable at all. Or at least, the programmes might be, but my ASI120MM-S driver is so poor it packs in at some point every time I try to use it.

I've contacted ZWO about this previously and been given the advice "switch the computer off and on again". That isn't helpful when you have half a dozen other devices attached to that computer - such as cooled cameras that need to be warmed up gradually, and mounts that need to be parked and then realigned after a restart. I followed that useless advice once, and I spent the entire night constantly restarting and PC and got nothing done.

riklaunim

Post by riklaunim » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:40 pm

FireCapture may write something to it logs if it crashes or something (in the application folder).

Sam

Post by Sam » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:38 am

ReEspith wrote:Sam, I have found neither SharpCap nor Fire Capture to be stable at all. Or at least, the programmes might be, but my ASI120MM-S driver is so poor it packs in at some point every time I try to use it.

I've contacted ZWO about this previously and been given the advice "switch the computer off and on again". That isn't helpful when you have half a dozen other devices attached to that computer - such as cooled cameras that need to be warmed up gradually, and mounts that need to be parked and then realigned after a restart. I followed that useless advice once, and I spent the entire night constantly restarting and PC and got nothing done.
it's very hard to identify the problem, because most PCs works fine
but we indeed got very few feedbacks like you met

my suggestion is change a camera or different PC and have a try
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China