Happy Chinese new year to all !
Today is a great day with the annoucement of 2 news Fairchild sensors.
The monochrome version LTN4323 has very impressive characteristics on the paper :
http://image-sensors-world.blogspot.com ... os-30.html
To summarize :
- BSI Monochrome sCMOS sensor
- Medium size with 4/3" format, 10.3 Mpixels
- comfortable 4.6 microns pixels,
- Rolling or Global shutter,
- Low Gain / High Gain Mode,
- Impressive 0.7e- read noise ! As good as for IMX224/IMX385,
- Great dynamic range : 87 dB,
- High frame rate : 120fps at full frame !!
Of course, a lot of questions that need answers :
- Is it a switchable Rolling/Global Shutter ? Or 2 different sensor references ?
- "Amp Glow" level ?
If necessary could it be reduced by a circuit ?
- QE curve,
- Banding ?
- Thermal noise at -30?C ?
- Is FPN constant ?
- And of course the price ??? Especially the price compared to Sony IMX428 ??
Does the dream will come true ??
Don't face one's fate, can't be a real man;
Don't know manners, can't be gentle;
Don't know meaning behind the words, can't understand man's heart.
As there is still no credible medium size (near 4/3) monochrome sensor on the market,
please could it evaluate this sensor ?
What would be the price of a cooled ZWO camera with this sensor ?
Thanks for your info and I will convey your messages to the devs.