ZWO software for it's own camera

Moderators: Sam, Sean.Wang

ZWO software for it's own camera

Postby souls33k3r » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:11 pm

Was hoping and wondering if there is a likely chance for ZWO to be creating their own software for their camera. More interested in the DSO capturing side of things. A software to capture, stack, focus, dither, plate solve and cooling supported like other big brands do and ship it out for free with their cameras.

Thanks
souls33k3r

Re: ZWO software for it's own camera

Postby Sam » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:17 am

This is in our plan list
but I am not sure the first version will be so powerful ;)
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China
Sam

Postby souls33k3r » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:08 am

That is really good news. Not going to tell any one but what would be the eta on this? *wink*
souls33k3r

Postby riklaunim » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:17 am

Nebulosity already has (nearly) everything. I use it for DS imaging since Meade DSI III Pro times ;)

Software development isn't quick nor cheap. If you rush it you will get a terrible UI and unstable operations.
riklaunim

Postby Owmuchonomy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:33 pm

riklaunim wrote:Nebulosity already has (nearly) everything. I use it for DS imaging since Meade DSI III Pro times ;)

Software development isn't quick nor cheap. If you rush it you will get a terrible UI and unstable operations.

Yes I thought so too but the latest Neb 4 won't run with my ZWO ASI174. Apparently a fix is due from Stark??
Chris. ASI 174 MM 2.0; ASI 290 MC Cool; Lunt 60; Celestron 9.25" SCT.
Owmuchonomy

Postby Sam » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:24 am

Owmuchonomy wrote:
riklaunim wrote:Nebulosity already has (nearly) everything. I use it for DS imaging since Meade DSI III Pro times ;)

Yes I thought so too but the latest Neb 4 won't run with my ZWO ASI174. Apparently a fix is due from Stark??

there is beta version should fixed it
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China
Sam

Postby AL Bates » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:06 pm

SharpCaps new annual license fee.?

A bit of bad news here SharpCap will be charging a annual fee. I started using SharpCap with my first ZWO camera and it seems to work very well, SharpCap was free but now SharpCap wants to charge an annual fee for a license. Now maybe a one time reasonable license purchase would work like some of the other camera control programs... but a continuous annual fee.. I don't think so that will definitely not work for me.. I'm not paying a annual fee. I probably would pay a one-time license fee because I like the program. I will be moving on to another camera control program if this happens.

http://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/premium

I prefer not to get my finances involved with a monthly or annual fee license for a camera control program especially with foreign currency.. Why don't SharpCap also offer the option to purchase a one time license.. like some of the other camera control programs.?

Al Bates
AL Bates

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:02 am

AL Bates wrote:SharpCaps new annual license fee.?

A bit of bad news here SharpCap will be charging a annual fee. I started using SharpCap with my first ZWO camera and it seems to work very well, SharpCap was free but now SharpCap wants to charge an annual fee for a license. Now maybe a one time reasonable license purchase would work like some of the other camera control programs... but a continuous annual fee.. I don't think so that will definitely not work for me.. I'm not paying a annual fee. I probably would pay a one-time license fee because I like the program. I will be moving on to another camera control program if this happens.

http://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/premium

I prefer not to get my finances involved with a monthly or annual fee license for a camera control program especially with foreign currency.. Why don't SharpCap also offer the option to purchase a one time license.. like some of the other camera control programs.?

Al Bates

there is free version too
ZWO Founder
SuZhou China
Sam

Return to Feature Requests