ASIAIR & PC

Moderator: Sam

ScopesNC

ASIAIR & PC

Post by ScopesNC » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:28 am

I know it is great to have the ASIAIR working on a tablet and to control it all that way.
Can it be made to work with a Windows PC ? Some of us like the option of broadcasting live on line and it would be a good option
for us who do. Using the ASIAIR and a P C to broadcast live would be better than what we have to do now. Right now the only option is using a separate camera control P C and software to broadcast with and then use a tablet for the ASIAIR to control just the mount and guider. Seeing how you can't broadcast live with a tablet maybe an optional PC version would be nice for some of us.

Chicago Sky Ranch

Re: ASIAIR & PC

Post by Chicago Sky Ranch » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:47 am

Google: Bluestacks. It works but it's slow...

ScopesNC

Post by ScopesNC » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:32 pm

Slow it is indeed. :D :D

ScopesNC

Post by ScopesNC » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:26 pm

Just an FYI for anyone who might want to run the ASIAIR , SKY SAFARI, on a PC, I tested this list of Android emulators.

I did this so that I can broadcast live on line while still running things with the ASIAIR. Can't do live streaming

with a phone or tablet very well. I can run ASILIVE or use SharpCap on the PC and broadcast live on line.

It took a few days of testing, but I found what worked best for my 3 PC's. Out of the entire list 3 emulators worked for me

but one stood out having no slow lag or performance issues at all. NOX worked like a charm for all 3 PC's.

Bluestacks works but is sluggish

Gameloop failed to load and the others are just to much work to make work or just run as a stand alone OS that would not allow me to broadcast. MEMU would not allow me to load up ASIAIR.

Bottom line I found NOX to be stable and easy to work with . It was the easiest to install and simple to load up the apps with.

It ran better than I could have asked for. In most cases I will use my tablet and PC to broadcast live on line ,but it is nice to have this option.

When not casting on line I'll just use the tablet it's self as was intended .

Bliss OS
Bluestacks
GameLoop
Genymotion
MEmu
Nox
Phoenix OS
PrimeOS
Remix OS Player

Moson

Post by Moson » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:16 am

Thank you for sharing. And I will convey your feedback to our devs and they will consider this.