[Driver] Live Stacking software besides SharpCap

The Place for ZWO to announce new software release note
Only ZWO can post topic here

Moderators: ray, walkfaraway, chad

Live Stacking software besides SharpCap

Postby umasscrew39 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Hello

Is there any available (or in the works) of live stacking software other than SharpCap? I prefer Mac software but would use a Windows program.

Thanks
Bruce
umasscrew39

Re: Live Stacking software besides SharpCap

Postby saguaro » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:57 pm

If you have an Atik or Starlight Xpress camera, you can use the Infinity or Starlight Live live stacking software. For ZWO cameras besides SharpCap there is also Astrotoaster http://www.astrotoaster.com/download
saguaro

Postby umasscrew39 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:26 pm

Sorry, I was not clear but it sounds like I still got my answer. I have an Ultrastar camera and I use Starlight live which is great. I meant specifically for ZWO cameras but it sounds like Astrotoaster is the option to SharpCap. I seem to see many use both SharpCap to take the image and then use Astrotoaster to stack- which I think uses Deepsky Stacker as part of the program. so, can you use just Astrotoaster to take the image and do live stacking? The website says, "semi-live" stacking. I have no idea what that means.

Thanks
umasscrew39

Postby saguaro » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:35 pm

You need to capture your subs using SharpCap or another camera control program. You then point Astrotoaster to the folder where the subs are being written as the camera captures them. Astrotoaster will then monitor that folder and stack each new sub as it comes in from the camera.
saguaro

Postby umasscrew39 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:28 pm

ok- thank you

So, it sounds like SharpCap is currently the only option and no future plans for ZWO to develop or license in a Mac live stacking software. I hope that changes in the future.
umasscrew39

Return to New Release