[ASICAP] ASICAP PC version beta V0.22

The Place for ZWO to announce new software release note
Only ZWO can post topic here

Moderators: chad, ray, walkfaraway

Re: ASICAP PC version beta V0.22

Postby walkfaraway » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:51 am

TareqPhoto wrote:Ok, sounds now i know how to shoot in RAW mode, that will change the format to FIT/SER then, wish if it was in the main interface rather than in open an other window, in SharpCap it is just there with setting, but i will give it more tests in the future when my mount is working again.

Also Offset turned out to be brightness after all in another window settings, few things to learn.

Thanks for your suggestions.So far,ASICAP only supports ZWO cameras.We will add more function and make it more conveniently in the near future.
Mouling Song
ZWO Software Engineer
SuZhou China
walkfaraway

Postby easybob95 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:57 pm

I must salute the try but I doubt this software will bring something a bit interesting for us. To be honest, your software is ridiculous for a firm who pretend to be a major firm in astrophotography activity.

Just compare to Firecapture and Sharpcap.

There is something I don't understand. Firecapture and Sharpcap are made by very few persons (one person for firecapture and one person for sharpcap). Those softs are really great.

ZWO have big team and the software you show us is ... like a child toy. Really, are you serious ? Don't worry, QHYCCD tried to make there own software and it was also crappy.

Well, to keep your time, I suggest you to stop software development. It won't be as good as amateur software.

You are wasting your time and our time. You are not good with software development. That's a fact but it is not a serious diseases. Just concentrate on good cameras and good drivers.

So long.

Alain.
easybob95

Postby chad » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:45 am

Hi Alain,
Yes, our software is still very young. But please believe that we will continue to do it continuously.
FireCapture and SharpCap are so perfect now, not overnight. Just like Rome wasn't built in a day.
We consider doing software because on the one hand we think that future software and hardware binding will be a trend, and we may be wrong, but we have to be prepared. On the other hand, this kind of software can also make technology accumulation for other products of our future.

Beside, We haven't forgotten about cameras. We still have the original development team, they are not involved in software development, so we can still provide excellent cameras and services as we did in the past.

Thank you very much for your attention to ZWO.
Thanks
Chad
ZWO Driver Engineer
SuZhou China
chad

Postby easybob95 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:22 am

Hello Chad,

i understand what you mean but from the experience i had with QHYCCD, i think you will fail to reach your objective.

Your beta software starts very bad. Firsts, it looks like Sharpcap (not very innovating). Second, the software is almost empty.

You've got a lot of software to be inspired from : Firecapture which is the best, Sharpcap, Genika, Altair capture. I suppose you have study those software. If you had some serious ideas for your software, i think it should have come with more functionalities, even for the very first beta version.

It will take you some time to get better software. During this time, FC, Sharpcap etc will go ahead. If you don't make huge effort, you will always stay behind.

That is to say your capture software will always be useless.

QHYCCD made exactly the same mistake.

ZWO and QHYCCD are like to brothers. You should make a single company because the products are the same, the only innovations come from Sony (the sensors) and you make the same mistakes.

Try to innovate. Stop trying to make the same products others do.

Tchus.

Alain
easybob95

Postby chad » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:35 am

Hi Alain,
What you say is very correct and very reasonable.
First, we all admire Dr. Qiu very much. He has made a great contribution to our industry.
But if you haven't tried it, you think you will fail, just based on others' failure. Does that mean you're always behind others?
If you don't walk the road that no one else has walked, how can you see the starry sky that no one else has seen?

About the SharpCap and FireCapture, they are a few steps ahead of us. But for us, we are trying to develop the software, not only for our own technology accumulation, but also it is a better way to discover our driver's bug. Beside we can offer another option to our customer.
I think that's the reason why QHY tried the similar thing in the past.
Thanks
Chad
ZWO Driver Engineer
SuZhou China
chad

Postby easybob95 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:06 pm

Qiu was unable to make good capture software for its planetary camera. When he realized the huge difference between his software and Sharpcap, he decided to give up his software to support Sharpcap development.

FC and Sharpcap are far far ahead. Much more than a few steps ahead.

I know very well Qiu. Most of his ideas come from beta tester. It's very funny. QHYCCD and ZWO make special prices for beta tester (a small 30% or something like that) and beta tester give a lot of ideas and make big promotion of your products.

Considering the time needed for a good test, that is to say you give about 5$ per hour (or even less) to get advertising and new ideas. This is ridiculous. But it works and it will work for a long time because people are stupid and they are ready to make everything to get in touch with their God to get a ridiculous gift. You have understand this very well.

I think you are able to get our own ideas and this is what i expect from you. As to me, i don't make any promotion of any kind of ZWO products or any chinese firm. I paid my cameras (quite expensive) and i consider i don't have to give you anything more. I did that kind of promotion for QHYCCD but i should have not. It was a mistake. Dr Qiu have a very economic idea of friendship.

Try to bring us something really new and interesting by your own effort.

To get back with your software, this version is just a joke. I hope you have a plan to make something serious but i don't believe you will be able to make something even half good as real capture software. You are too far from your goal. Maybe to debug your drivers but nothing more.

To make a real software, you should be innovating but i don't believe you are.

Ok, i end with this discussion. I am wasting my time with something that will never happen.

Clear sky.

Alain
easybob95

Postby chad » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi Alain,
I think it's probably the difference between the east and the west that makes us think differently. :lol: :lol:
In a word, thank you for your advice. We'll think about it seriously。
Anyway, I'm here for you to handle the driver problem :) :) I don't have to worry about application :D :D
Thanks
Chad
ZWO Driver Engineer
SuZhou China
chad

Postby easybob95 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:06 pm

I did not see you are driver engineer. So software is not your problem, that's right.

You are also right when you say east and west think differently.

THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED BY ZWO

Alain
Last edited by easybob95 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
easybob95

Postby chad » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:08 am

Hi Chris, Alain & Merlin,

I am very sorry~
I deleted all the responses from the last disagreement to the present. These replies don't make any sense. Including my own.

Thank you
Chad
ZWO Driver Engineer
SuZhou China
chad

Postby TareqPhoto » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:29 am

Well, developing a software sure is not easy and taking time, and i also think if eerytime a new update i have to try outdoor or even indoor i may spend time to figure out how to, so i think it is better you focus on the strong points of other software have to make it stronger and if the weak points are there then try to make it less or reduce it, don't just copy it and then it is look like as we all think "A cheap Chinese copy".

What i mean, i always welcome new developments, and because you are the manufacturer of those cameras then you should have stronger background and details about that so you can have software i mean capturing software to put it at its full potential, and think in astrophotography eyes, i would like this your software if it was let's say easier interface and direct reaching to controls and settings, i use SharpCap more than Firecapture because Firecaprute has almost everything but i get lost a lot to have settings done, and that will waste mt time, and even if i figure out the settings in FC it will be like another wasted time, Sharp Cap is straight forward more for me, so i keep using it because it give me kind of reliability, same when some using Photoshop, it has everything but many feel it is too much so that they use something with easier or quicker processing, such as Lightroom or GIMP and so.

I don't know if you keep doing with you are doing with the software or stop completely is the right idea, if you must keep doing then the best thing is try to develop more and more without launching too many beta versions, i don't think i will keep trying many beta versions, and at the meantime i will keep depending on SC, but put something on this software you develop that can make me to use it beside SC/FC, it is like when i process planetary results i use 2 or 3 or even 4 softwares, i can't keep using only 1 forever for all results but i can go with only 2 sometimes, so do it this way, make tour software if not same or better than others then something else that we can use it to be next to other software, how about a capture software including stacking processing ability? so in this case it will be like 2 in 1.

Good luck and hope you keep successful products and innovations.
TareqPhoto

Previous

Return to New Release