Not using my Celestron AVX with ASIAIR Pro for a while, I did restart the setup and noticed some weird issues:
When setting up the telescope in AISIAR everything seems fine for a while (GoTo, center, home position, track & guide...) - except the mount will be disconnected after a while (15 minutes)...
Restarting the mount it can be connected again - but with the same disconnect issue after some time
I did try and check the well known issues:
- different USB cables and ports
- reset mount (press 0 during switch on)
- check gps location and time (LTS)
- check firmware for HC & motors (HC: GEM 5.34.2160, MC: 7.15.8270)
- make 100% sure the procedure is done as recommended in ASIAIR itself
- using latest ASIAIR version (2.1.1 (10.74))
one thing which seems strange:
- when connecting the telescope in ASIAIR it seems the telescope options (GPS, TZ...) are not update properly (delayed or not at all) - except for the telescope time
After trying all possible options which came to my mind I finally decided I need to exclude ASIAIR and see if I still get issues... and guess what - everything works fine!
- run telescope with HC only
- connect to KStars/Ekos with exactly the same USB cable
The connection was stable and the telescope did respond at any time with no issue replacing ASIAIR
Any idea what else could be done to find out what might be wrong with ASIAIR controlling the telescope?
I am aware it's often mentioned Celestron is very picky regarding USB cables - but is the ASIAIR hardware itself even more picky? The one premium cable (TetherPro) I was using for years with no issues also does not work.