My ASI 1600MM PRO that I bought a year ago suddently stopped working. I am no longer able to download images from it.
The camera worked well for about a year although it had some trouble with image downloading before it was cooled in the past.
As of two days ago I can connect to it, cool it, but it has proved impossible to get images out of it.
Here are the following things I have done so far, as recommended here and elsewhere:
- Connecting it to different computers (Two PCs and a Mac)
- Change usb ports (always directly on the computer, no usb hub)
- Use USB3 cables of various length
- Update drivers and the various software used
- Try using it with different software (ASI STUDIO, APT, Sharpcap)
- Adjust power management setup on windows
- Reinstall USB host controllers on windows
None of the above produce a result.
I though I solved the problem at one point when trying to download image at a lower resolution (or using ROI). Although files were downloaded from the camera there was no actual data on them (pure black, not even noise). It also only worked a couple of time and now I cannot get anything from the camera.
Note that the camera worked well for a year on a couple of different setups and that it stopped working when installed on the last setup that was used for a few months before that. It was also stored between sessions in the bag sold with it.
Is there anything else I can try or do I have to send it back for repairs ?