Okay, so, no go on Paramount / SkyX and ASIAir Pro. I cannot get the ASIAir Pro software to move the mount reliably using GOTO. There are long delays before moving IF it moves at all (often not). The arrows to move the scope manually don't work either. HOME button often does work but only after a 7 or more second delay.
The mount does connect to SkyX using the procedure described in the NINA doc. And on the surface all seems well until GOTO is tried.
Perhaps I'm still doing something wrong, but at this stage, I'm pretty sure I'm not.
Here's my setup.
- Paramount's USB cable is attached to USB3 hub (I've tried different hubs too) at the mount running Sky X. USB3 hub is attached to Windows 10 computer.
- ASIAir Pro is attached to same hub.
- Windows 10 computer is connected via Ethernet to Lynksys SE2500 Gigabit switch
- SkyX sees the ASIAir using via the TCPServer connection.
- ASIAir Pro is connected to the same Lynksys SE2500 Gigabit switch using Ethernet.
- Switch is connected via long ethernet cable to router indoors which is connected to my home network.
- ASIAir Pro connects to the mount using the Paramount / SkyX selection
- Control of ASIAir Pro is via ethernet connection to above Lynksys switch and then ethernet to my indoor router. This enables me to use my iPad indoors to control the mount/software.
- Mount is homed using Windows 10 computer.
- GOTO is tried and fails. Weirdly, occasionally, but not not always, 30 secs to a minute later the mount will move to an object.
- Another GOTO then issued, but nothing happens.
These problems occur regardless of me being at the scope and connecting my iPad to the Air hardware via wireless or inside connecting via ethernet.
Happy to continue trying other things. Otherwise please fix or remove the mount as an option in the software and on website.