les_b I’ve try the test version and the least I can say is that it’s very very …laggy and buggy :
1) My Nikon z6II is correctly recognized by the Asiair Pro. I’ve just plugged the camera using the usb c cable provided by Nikon.
2) All the modes ( PA, prev, focus, plan…) seems to work just fine except that when I click on the shutter button in the app it takes ages ( 15 seconds) for the camera to react, then only it start capturing the image. It’s takes about 40 seconds between the moment I click on the button and when the image appears on the screen, no matter the USB port I plug the camera.
3) The camera got disconnected many times with “ camera error” meanwhile my EAF focuser (new 5v version) also get disconnected showing another “ error” message. This happened 10 times in less than 5 minutes. It never happened with the 1.6v especially with the EAF which has been very stable until now.
4) the Asiair doesn’t display the input voltage as it should ( showing NA ) but I’m very confident my power device provides more than 12v and enough amps. Again: wasn’t a problem with v1.6.
5) The images are correctly saved on the SD card, didn’t notice any loss of images.
Right now this test version is completely unusable to be used on the field, at least for me : the camera react sooo slowly and the connection is too unstable, it won’t last 10 mins without crashing.
I may be wrong but I feel that the problem is more in the PRO firmware that on the phone app: the app react pretty quickly before it have to interact with the box.
I’ve tried disconnecting all the other devices : focuser, mount, guide cam, wifi router … just keeping the Nikon z6-2 connected to the PRO : still very very ( very) slow to react and shows errors very often.