EAF for Baader Diamond Steeltrack

Focusers, Filters, Barlows etc..

Moderators: Sam, Sean.Wang

PaulE54

EAF for Baader Diamond Steeltrack

Post by PaulE54 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:56 am

Hi. I am interested in using your EAF with my Baader Diamond Steeltrack focuser - can you tell me whether the current version of the EAF allows this, or do I need to wait for a custom adapter? Do I need to swap the coarse and fine focuser knobs (currently on RHS) to the other side of the Steeltrack?

I have an ASI294 MC Pro as my main imaging cam. This has 2 USB 2.0 hub sockets on the back panel. Can I plug the EAF (and indeed my ASI120MM guide cam) into the USB2.0 hub sockets on the ASI294, so that the 294, the 120 guidecam and the EAF all use the main USB3 cable from the 294 to my laptop?

Can I put a splitter lead on the 12v supply to the 294 so that I can use the same supply for the EAF? The supply is 12v 5amps.

Many thanks

Paul

Katherine.Tsai

Re: EAF for Baader Diamond Steeltrack

Post by Katherine.Tsai » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:47 am

Hi Paul,
1.It should work with EAF, you can use this two screws to fix EAF on the fouser.
Please see the attached picture.
2.The coarse and fine focuser knobs can be subsititute by EAF.
3.Yes.
4.Yes.
Attachments
EAF for Baader Diamond Steeltrack.png

PaulE54

Post by PaulE54 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:10 pm

Baader Attachments crop.jpg
Thanks for this reponse. However I did not like the idea of using the tension lock screw as one of the attachment points, so on reading the Diamond Steeltrack manual, I think the ones to use are the ones I have circled red in the image above, which are marked by Baader as spare M6 screws for attaching accessories.

Paul

Katherine.Tsai

Post by Katherine.Tsai » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:11 am

https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/product/zwo-eaf
Here you can see the mechanical drawing and you can measure the distance of this screws in your focuser to see whether it will fit with EAF adapter.