Images NOT Loading Properly

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

HeliAv8r

Images NOT Loading Properly

Post by HeliAv8r » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:42 pm

Sometimes when running successive Previews or even in Autorun, the app loads & displays the SAME (incorrect) image over and over. I would take a shot, slew the scope, take a new shot, the app shows ‘Loading’ but it displays the SAME image. I tested this by covering the telescope with the lens cap and took several more shots, they all showed a field of stars, but with the cap on it should have been black. I’m attaching a saved preview after taking a few shots with the cap on. I’ve also taken some video from my phone but I cannot attach it here, it is too large. However, I can make it available to ZWO if needed.
Please note that this occurs randomly. I might get a good image after 4 or 5 attempts.

How do I fix this?
I have the ASIAir Pro with the latest app code (1.4.4) and firmware (5.81)
I deleted the app and reinstalled as well.
My camera is a Nikon D5300 connected to one of the USB 3.0 ports
Camera is set for Manual, Bulb, & Raw only, as directed by the ASI app.
I've rebooted the ASIAir & my DSLR several times to try to clear this.

Thank you,
Dave Ng
Attachments
Preview_M13_10s_1x1_ISO200_20200804-233148-20percent.jpg
20200804_233432-Cap On.jpg

ASIAIR@ZWO

Re: Images NOT Loading Properly

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:00 am

HeliAv8r wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:42 pm
Sometimes when running successive Previews or even in Autorun, the app loads & displays the SAME (incorrect) image over and over. I would take a shot, slew the scope, take a new shot, the app shows ‘Loading’ but it displays the SAME image. I tested this by covering the telescope with the lens cap and took several more shots, they all showed a field of stars, but with the cap on it should have been black. I’m attaching a saved preview after taking a few shots with the cap on. I’ve also taken some video from my phone but I cannot attach it here, it is too large. However, I can make it available to ZWO if needed.
Please note that this occurs randomly. I might get a good image after 4 or 5 attempts.

How do I fix this?
I have the ASIAir Pro with the latest app code (1.4.4) and firmware (5.81)
I deleted the app and reinstalled as well.
My camera is a Nikon D5300 connected to one of the USB 3.0 ports
Camera is set for Manual, Bulb, & Raw only, as directed by the ASI app.
I've rebooted the ASIAir & my DSLR several times to try to clear this.

Thank you,
Dave Ng
Hey Dave, sorry about this, we will test with our DSLRs and try to figure it out. BTW, could confirm the battery is normal?
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China