Live stacking

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

Pogo

Live stacking

Post by Pogo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:30 am

I tried live stacking with the ASI AIR pro few days ago. I first took the darks and bias shots during the day. Before I started imaging I took the flats.
I then went in the program and selected all the options for darks flats and biases and selected the proper master frames from earlier.
I then started the session and also opted for saving all the separate files. When during the session I clicked on the options. All the boxes for dark bias and flat frames were unchecked. So not sure whether there was an actual correction taking place.
Also the separate lights that are saved, are they also corrected with flat bias and dark or do I still have to do that when stacking them.
I noticed a lot of small stripes (running noise) in the stack I made with no outlier correction. Really cool feature by the way!

Thanks,

Peter

ASIAIR@ZWO

Re: Live stacking

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:03 am

Pogo wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:30 am
I tried live stacking with the ASI AIR pro few days ago. I first took the darks and bias shots during the day. Before I started imaging I took the flats.
I then went in the program and selected all the options for darks flats and biases and selected the proper master frames from earlier.
I then started the session and also opted for saving all the separate files. When during the session I clicked on the options. All the boxes for dark bias and flat frames were unchecked. So not sure whether there was an actual correction taking place.
Also the separate lights that are saved, are they also corrected with flat bias and dark or do I still have to do that when stacking them.
I noticed a lot of small stripes (running noise) in the stack I made with no outlier correction. Really cool feature by the way!

Thanks,

Peter
Hello Peter, #1 The saved Lights are only light frames without calibrations. If you wanna get the stacked frames during the sessions, you need to save them manually. #2 If you got small stripes more than usual please check if the Cooling is enabled of the Main Camera. #3 About the uncheck issue, the CheckBox before the calibration options need to be checked otherwise they are not enabled.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China